jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

Any hubbers from Pennsylvania?

1. jjackson786 profile image91
    jjackson786posted 5 years ago

Just looking to see if anyone's writing near me- I live in Hanover!

1. sabrebIade profile image85
      sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm way across the state, just south of Mt Pleasant.

jjackson786posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow, you're really over there!! smile

2. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image59
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello! I was born and raised in Erie!~ I call it "the mistake by the lake". Where is Hanover?

jjackson786posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hanover is a nice hike away from you. I have friends whose parents live in Erie! I'm about 30 minutes away from the Gettysburg battlefields, if you're familiar with that area. Great hearing from you!

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image59
          Jo_Goldsmith11posted 5 years ago in reply to this

jackson, I went to Gettysburg once on a school field trip back in the 6 th grade. I have since relocated to Kentucky. I didn't like all the lake effect snow. I do have family still in Erie. My husband and I are getting ready to go further southwest. area. Erie has lost alot of jobs. Hammermill paper, and GE. They tried to modernize it with the implementation of a trolly service. I as well lived in Meadville for a short time. I think I enjoyed Meadville and the area more than the big city that Erie offers.

1. Aficionada profile image92
            Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry - I don't mean to hijack this - this'll only take a second - Which part of Kentucky, Jo?

I have driven through Pennsylvania.  And I have visited some parts as a tourist.  big_smile

Now, back to you....

2. chattercop profile image60
    chattercopposted 5 years ago

Hello fellow Pennsylvanians!

I am from Dallas. In the now imfamous, corruption-prone county of Luzerne. Just north of Wilkes- Barre/Scranton region.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
      Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I went to Marywood and had a long term relationship with a Dallas, PA gal. Love the windey roads up there in places like Noxen, Moscow and many other towns whose names werent quite so memorable.

1. 0
        mtsi1098posted 5 years ago in reply to this

so now I know a Dallas, PA and Indiana, PA...really confusing towns in this state...Glad I do not live near Intercourse, PA smile

2. TwoBeeOne profile image60
      TwoBeeOneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am also in NEPA...Clarks Summit

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago

My hubby is from Pa-born and raised around Jamestown-near the beautiful Pymatuning Lake.

We spent most of yesterday there visiting with his friends and watched the fireworks going off across the Dam-so nice to be beside water ,enjoying the breeze after a humid day.

4. 0
    mtsi1098posted 5 years ago

I am close to Philadelphia

5. MickeySr profile image88
    MickeySrposted 5 years ago

I'm in Palmyra - a small community just a mile east of Hershey . . . like, when the wind is right you can smell chocolate from my backyard (back when they were actually making chocolate at the factory).

6. JillKostow profile image88
    JillKostowposted 4 years ago

I am from PA also.  I live in Shenandoah which is located in good ole Schuylkill County.

7. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

I'm from Pennsylvania, but I've been gone a long time. I miss Chester County. (I was in Landenberg, but that was just a speck on the map; I was in the farm country at the southeast corner of the state). I attended Bryn Mawr.

Sometimes I miss PA. And seasons. That little corner of forests and fields was so much like the Shire -- and it was called the Brandywine Valley -- that I was stunned as a youngster to learn that J.R.R. Tolkien wasn't writing about my home.

Then all the housing developments from Delaware carved up the fields and forests into outhouse-shaped houses on little one acre plots, and they started banning pigs and suing neighbors for failing to mow their lawns, ahem, soy beans and fallow fields, so by the time I graduated from Bryn Mawr, it wasn't quite the same place.

8. FreezeFrame34 profile image83
    FreezeFrame34posted 4 years ago

I was born and raised in Butler County, Pennsylvania, but I live in the South now. I really miss the changing of the seasons and especially the leaves in Autumn.

9. JesadaB profile image78
    JesadaBposted 4 years ago

I moved into Pa near Chambersburg a few months back and am really loving it here.