jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

BOLD TYPE ON WHEN YOU USE THE WORD PROCESSOR WONT SHUT OFF

1. profile image0
    Multimanposted 6 years ago

What the heck is going on myu hubpages all are in bold type, and when I use the word processor on a new hub its all bold, when I high lite it says its not bold so I press bold and what do I get but the same exact bold type the rest of the article is in.

This is not good.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88
      Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been having the same problem today and what I have had to do is delete it and re-type it to get rid of the bold. It is a lot of extra typing but it was the only way I found that I could correct it.

2. Mark Painter profile image61
      Mark Painterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you using the beta text edit capsule, or the old version?
      What browser? 
      Thanks.

3. Mark Painter profile image61
      Mark Painterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

BTW the closest I have come to reproducing this one is that it seems turning off bold requires both clicking the button to toggle the setting, and then moving the mouse off the button.  Admittedly, a little odd, but I'm wondering that is what you are encountering, or its something else.

1. profile image0
        Multimanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All you do is copy and paiste and it is paisting in bold the whole darn article, and I tried the suggestion above and below on hitting it more than once the bold, but it does not work.  A lot yesterday and today of the newbies as well is all in bold, and I simply do not have enoght time in a day to recopy by retyping which is lunacy.  I am jusing the new beta version of the hub word processor and have not had problems before yhesterday.

1. profile image0

Oh an it is IE 9.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Highlight and just click the bold button more than once. You will eventually see the text straighten itself out.

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I was wondering why some newbies were publishing in bold today. Now I know.

1. profile image0

As near as I can tell its ALL newbies. and about everyone else.

4. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

This thread finally made me want to see for myself. smile

So I did.

I had no problems and everything worked fine. This was Firefox version 3.whatever. As to the other browsers, I'm too lazy to check. smile

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Firefox has always been the preferred browser for HP. Webmasters need to make sure their changes work across ALL browsers, if possible. I use Chrome, but haven't published a hub in the last day or two, so I don't know if I would encounter this problem, but hey....guys,
      we have a staffer addressing the issue, so state your browser.

working