jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

When on Hub Pages what is a Prohibited Site?

1. ajcor profile image60
    ajcorposted 5 years ago

I have had a couple of warnings syaing that I am linking to prohibited sites...and as far as I can see this either means the news capsule or clickbank...have where I have noticed the news capsule but what about the clickbank link? unsure not I have made a cracker with clickbank..

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For instance:  I do reviews of shotguns, rifles, pistols, etc - it's against Google Adsense policies to link to sites that actually sell those things.  I can write about Smith and Wesson pistols, that's fine, but I can't link to a site that actually sells those pistols, or any other sort of weapon.  Hope that helped.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The news capsules is no longer being used.

As for Clickbank, the affiliate links are no longer allowed.

1. ajcor profile image60
      ajcorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks for that Cagsil - had no idea...

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this
        1. ajcor profile image60

thanks again ..

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You're welcome. Glad to help. smile

1. ajcor profile image60

I have now spent almost an entire day just removing links and news from my hubs and I would be about half way through I just hope that there are no more surprises for me once I have completed this mammoth task!

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
        Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ajcor - You don't need to remove News Capsules manually. They will disappear on their own.

2. ajcor profile image60
      ajcorposted 5 years ago

finished I think - as I have about 143 hubs and they move about on the stats page depending on the scores hard to know if I have captured them all! ...but I guess if there is a problem someone will advise me..or the offending news links will go...thanks everyone for your help..cheers

working