jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Why is my hubkarma dropping?

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

last friday my hubkarma was 57.  3 days later it has dropped to 40.  Why?

I have recently installed links to some of my other hubs, but they are similar to the ones I post them on.  Suggested links does the same thing but also includes hubs from others as well and that's suppose to increase your hubkarma.  So why is mine taking a dive?  I just don't understand.

THX for your input.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe some of the Hubs you linked to have now disappeared?  It takes some time for broken links to show up on your account page. 

But as others have said, HubKarma isn't worth worrying about.  And if you do care about it, you can score just as well linking to your own Hubs.

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
        Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually I have linked them to other hubs and that's when my score started to fall.  I didn't start linking them to other people's hubs until today.

hmm    hmm    hmm

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Honestly I'd completely ignore Hubkarma. No one can see it but you and it doesn't bring you traffic or earnings.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

That is a good question. You are not the only one to experience this. I can't be sure if HubPages has changed the way they give value to links.

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

With all the PANDA stuff, I'd actually forgotten about Hub Karma until I saw this thread.  Then, when I went to look for mine, it took me awhile to find it again (because I'd forgotten where it is).  hmm  It's the same as it's been for ages now, anyway.

5. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

As many have said, I usually ignore hubkarma

6. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Allright.  Thanks everyone.  I appreciate it.  I don't really think that hubkarma is important either.  It's just that I hate to see any of my scores go down.

7. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

Scores may go up and down within a limited variation if you are doing things properly.  Need not be much of a bother.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HubKarma is not supposed to be random or go up and down. Very different from Author Score.

working