jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)

Adsense Booted Me

1. NateSean profile image84
    NateSeanposted 5 years ago

I was getting good, so clearly there was a problem.

I also noticed that there are still ads on my hubs but that I'm no longer the one getting paid for people clicking on them. So someone else must still be getting paid for those ads and therein lies the issue.

So as of this moment I am beginning the process of moving my hubs over to my blogs and deleting them here. It's been fun, but I don't think it's fair that someone else gets to profit from my hard work.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image83
      Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If AdSense booted you, how are you going to profit on your own blog? Alternate ad source?

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I’ve seen posts about people getting their AdSense reinstated. It’s difficult, but apparently not impossible. I’d at least make one attempt before giving up. smile

3. WoodsmensPost profile image71
      WoodsmensPostposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Another one bites the dust good luck hmm

4. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What reason did Goggle have for performing this action?

(Just curious,so I can know what to avoid)

2. theherbivorehippi profile image84
    theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago

Wow..what was the reason?  This always troubles me when I hear this from people.  I agree with paradigmsearch, are you going to try to get your account back?

3. SandyMcCollum profile image79
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

Nate, I got mine back in only 3 days somehow... so I know it can be done. Don't give up! And moving your hubs will not do you any good, at least they can make money from HP ads here.

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Sandy, that is untrue. You cannot make money from HP Ads without an Adsense account.

1. SandyMcCollum profile image79
        SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, I stand corrected! I did forget that. Thanks Cags! smile

2. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I dont believe it! smile

If you have your own site or a blog, you still can't make money if adsense booted you. Maybe apply for a new Adsense ID?

4. NateSean profile image84
    NateSeanposted 5 years ago

For the record, yes, I did appeal that very day. They have, however, decided that they are unable to reinstate my account.

Until all of my hubs are safely transferred to the blogs, I am not going to post the highly detailed letter of response that I wrote back to them and also posted on my facebook account.

However, if you would like to read a copy of my response, please feel to friend me on facebook or send me a message via e-mail.

Garret: Google Adsense did not invent the concept of making money online. There is a thing called a request for donations and a paypal account. It's about as reliable as Adsense has been and at least I get the amount of money donated up front without having to wait two and a half years.

Sandy: There are still advertisments being posted on my hubs. Which means someone is still going to click on them and someone else is making money for those ads. Who else but hub? If you know for certain that they aren't making the money then I stand corrected. So leaving them here isn't doing me any good, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let anyone else get the benefit either.

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with that.

It is no secret that the ad impressions are split 60/40 (60% to you, the remaining to HP HQ). So why wouldn't it revert to 100% HubPages?

2. Garrett Mickley profile image83
      Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the snide reply! I totally deserved a rude answer for a legitimate question!

I guess I should have worded my question:
      "What specifically did you have in mind as an alternate source of income?"

3. SandyMcCollum profile image79

No, I do not know that for sure. smile

5. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago

You can disable ads on your hubs I believe?  Then you will know that no one is receiving benefits from your work.

Now that's a good idea...

6. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 5 years ago

It is easy to disable ads on your Hubs, it is an option when you hit the edit button.

I think you will find earning from donations or from paywalls/sales/whatever to be vastly different from advertising.  Consider using Chitika or using Project Wonderful if you're really dedicated to making money online without Adsense.

Or look into affiliates.  The google affiliate network has a lot of interesting options.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just printed and laminated your post for my wallet. Seriously, thank you for making this post. It is good to know of other options and fallback positions. Thank you again. smile smile smile

7. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Follow-up

Chitika does indeed look eminently doable. In fact, I would be completely unsurprised if I were to hear that Chitika is already a part of the hpad's program.

working