jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Should I buy old domains?

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I am starting a new website so should I buy an old domain or a new one? I am asking this as an old domain will come with an established PR and few quality links which can help my website grow faster in search engine rankings. But is it worth it and what are some great places to buy old domains.

2. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago

Well, while an old domain will come with PR, as soon as Google does its next update and sees that many of the links are no longer relevant (unless your site deals with exactly the same topic) your PR will drop.

3. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

An old domain could also have been blacklisted, the worst thing in the world. I would go with a new one, cheaper too.

You also want to get one with your keywords in it. I know I've said that a lot but it's really important.

Supposedly it should not matter what words are in your domain. BUT,,,, it does,,, a lot.

In fact I know I can rank #1 with many keywords just by how good the domain name is, if it's a narrow niche, which you should be going for. smile

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Case in point. Type in "Orlando area Lowriders" in Google search.

See that first listing? It's a two month old site with hardly anything in it, started by a friend of mine about Orlando area lowrider cars and trucks.

I'm buying it next month. big_smile