jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What is the hub score?

1. yellowbutterfly profile image61
    yellowbutterflyposted 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what is the 'hub score' please? It seems to have no relevance to the number of page views on my hubs.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Yellowbutterfly welcome to HP .Hubscore is the score assigned to each of your indivual pages or hubs.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscore   this shows what goes into the calculation of the hubscore 

2. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

You're right, it has nothing to do with page views. It's just a personal thing that shows how active you are on the site. A lower score means someone doesn't participate much (or writes crappy hubs) and a higher score means someone participates more. I haven't published here for a while, yet my score keeps high because I post in the forums and do my duty hub-hopping and commenting. It also goes up when I advertise my articles on Twitter.

It's nothing to worry about or keep an eye on, unless it goes under 75 I think. At that point your links are no-follow.

3. piet2pata profile image60
    piet2pataposted 5 years ago

I don't mean to steal this topic, but I also got a question related to this. Are your hubrank and the score of your hub in anyway related to eachother>

4. Oneit profile image81
    Oneitposted 5 years ago

You HubPage Score is actually quite different to your HubProfile Score although they are closely related.

I have written a Hub on what things can affect you HubPages Score here: http://oneit.hubpages.com/hub/How-does- … Score-work in it I compare the HubPage score with how Google ranks its pages.

As for the HubProfile score which is the number that shows up beside your image on comments and hubs well that is the one that takes into account your Number of Hubs, Your Hub Karma, How active you are in Questions and Forums, etc.

As a side note SandyMcCollum was right that you must maintain a Hub Profile Score of 75 or Above to keep your Links DoFollow, of course if you're not on HubPages for SEO Purposes then this wouldn't really matter to you. Also your Individual Hubs must stay above 40 to be DoFollow.

So to clarify you HubPage Score is an indication of how good that actual piece of writing was. And the Hub Profile Score is determined by how many good pieces of writing you do and your overall activity on HubPages.

1. Muttface profile image90
      Muttfaceposted 18 months ago in reply to this

It is 85 for Do Follow links now.

5. ohioelectricity profile image61
    ohioelectricityposted 18 months ago

i was wondering the same thing. Being new to hubpages, i realized squidoo is now hubpages. The score on my first hub was 57 but it didnt get published. I went in and erased the only link there hoping thats what caused it. Its clean good writing and unique.

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 18 months ago in reply to this

This thread is 3 years old and the way scores are calculated has changed a few times since then.  It's best not to necro old threads like these if you want current information about how HP works.   Here is the up-to-date info on scores
      http://blog.hubpages.com/2015/02/26/an- … -hubscore/