jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

rules newly instated regarding published hubs

1. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

I have been writing here for over a year, and haven't ever really gotten any flags or had anything that I had to go back and fix, but since the new rules have kicked in I am not only confused but am unsure and slightly afraid that I am going to get my hubs unpublished and have it turn into a hairball cause that seems to be how my life goes sometimes.
    Would it be possible to put all the rules about promotional, linking, linking to our own sites or hubs, all the content stuff, duplicate content, and all the much and too many things that have changed.
    Also I have heard about people who have gotten there hubs unpublished when they have made changes.  I make changes all the time, and it's because my list of about 160 hubs, some of them stay at the bottom of the list with low scores, so I will go and change them, add to them, maybe change the title, and add or take off tags accordingly, to raise their scores and hopefully their popularity.  Do I stand a chance of getting these hubs unpublished, and could it happen to a lot of them at one time?
    Last but not least, could we somewhere get a list to refer to so when we have to change things we can go look, or perhaps go look at the list and change things before they get unpublished?
    I have stopped, or at least slowed way down on my writing here until I am more clear on these issues.  Please help!!!

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey ddsurfsca, everyone is going to run into problems. Just take it one hub at a time. When they first rolled out the new changes, everyone had problems. You would be no different. However, since you've not had any problems, then you probably haven't pushed the envelope on your hubs, which is a good thing.
      There are several threads you can find on the topic. There happens to be a sticky thread written by Simone at the top of the forum's main page. That would be one place to start. Also, from what I am to understand, the changes have been added to the Learning Center as well.
      I do not doubt that, because the changes they made was the problem. That doesn't necessarily mean it will happen to you.
      This sounds like standard practice for a lot of people who have hubs that struggle. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
      Anything is possible with regards to that, but I wouldn't let that prevent you from making your hubs better. wink
      Some hubs will be automatically unpublished for violations. This cannot be helped, as HP tries to make adjustments to fit Google's latest algorithm changes.
      I think I just covered that. smile

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago
    1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Whoa! The new Relache! Luv the avatar!

3. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 5 years ago

This might answer some of your questions, but there is also a blog post about recent changes too.