New Text Editor - Unable to Set Links To Open In New Window

1. Azure11 profile image88
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

I have posted this in another thread but it hasn't been answered and as it is such a big thing I think I would like an answer! Is anyone else able to set the links to open in a new window with the new text editor? I don't seem to have this option any more which I do with the old one so am sticking with that for now. But once that is phased out this is a bit of a sticking point for me, I'll definitely put in less links if they don't open in a new window.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Your reader can open any link in a new window on their own. Why must a link be able to automatically open a new window?

If they click on the link, either way, they are leaving your hub. Most likely not to return. Forcing it to open a new window, only forces them to close two window and/or tabs.

If they click on the link and it doesn't open a new window or tab, then all they have to do is click the back button to come back to your hub, providing they actually want to come back to your hub.

Just a thought.

3. Azure11 profile image88
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

I get your point but I can't help thinking it is a backward step to take out the option - and surely hubpages would rather someone still has a tab open at hubpages and can still browse there rather than sending them somewhere else. I mostly wondered if this was a conscious decision or whether it was a bug as it seems a strange bit of functionality to remove....