jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How can I improve my hubs?

1. Pamela Sarzana profile image60
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 5 years ago

My intention was to be a guide....not an advertisment...can I post a link here for some make over help?

1. CMHypno profile image90
      CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Read lots of hubs written by the more experienced hubbers - not to copy them or their ideas, but to see the type of layout that they use, what types of capsules they use and get a general feel for what is a good hub.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Well, I looked at this one:

You have far too many links to other hubs. The text is broken up badly, you should make sure one sentence appears on the same line.

You should put the hub into more than one text capsule and intersperse the ads through your hub. One picture of a kayak would be a good idea, I'm sure you can find at least one good copyright free picture.

I would also have a longer introduction and a concluding paragraph.

3. Pamela Sarzana profile image60
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 5 years ago

Thanks you, Obviously I don't how to use the capsules very well, but I will do as you said.  I  didn't know about using the text capsules-splitting up the text like that, It's like I'm cramming for an exam smile I have been learning how to use Adwords keywords and phrases tool. And It will take me some time to learn how to put together a decent page also. I appreciate the good input and advice, thanks again!

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Here is an example of a good, high quality Hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/bean

As you can see, an introductory paragraph allows the first Adsense capsule to appear. There is one suitable photo and a short and well considered list of Amazon items. Each text capsule is headed up with a title, so basically each capsule is one topic. Simple, easy on the eye and contains no links (usually a maximum of 1-2 links to relevant sites will be enough for your reader.)