jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Forum posters with no hubs promoting their own programs

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

There are some posters here in the forums that post daily and still have no hubs written. Their profiles have their own websites and businesses listed so they are using this simply for self promotion .
    I know many of us are here for promotion but we have hubs on HP.
    These daily posters are using HP forum as a public forum.
    I think Hubpages should be for those who write hubs. After all most of places that I write on have requirements like this before posting. What do you think?

1. White Teeth profile image60
      White Teethposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just about every single one of Olyhooch’s posts are copyright violations, but Hubpages doesn’t seem to care. The copyright violations should be the bigger concern than his promoting of his website in his profile.

2. DIYweddingplanner profile image92
      DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  I think these people have a very different agenda than being a contributing part of the hubpages community and should find another place to vent their opinions.  A political forum somewhere perhaps.  But not on HP.

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
        Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

All the more reason to avoid the political/religion forums. Too many "other" agendas going on that have nothing to do with HP's purpose.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image65
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure that I necessarily agree that the forums should only be for hub writers. I enjoy the forums as something completely separate from hubs. If forum posts are being copied from other places on the internet then I think that is a problem that does need to be addressed, because it could hurt the entire Hubpages community.

3. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

There is an easy answer to this. Ignore these people who post, and don't be provoked into responding. That's exactly what they want. If there was no response to their posts, then they would be gone quite quickly.

A few such people have disappeared. However, it was probably not due to ignoring their posts, it may have been because others called their bluff about the real reasons they were here.

It's like a spam post. Instead of people reporting it and NOT responding, several are very unclever and respond calling the spammer out as a spammer, thus perpetuating the thread. It's not a very smart thing to do.

Report and ignore. Make sure your reasons are valid and in accordance TOS.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

There are hubbers here over a year who still self-promote with threads containing their hub links in the forums. I guess they think the rules only apply to others.

Perhaps they don't see the bold print next to each reply box that says, Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links.

yes, do what Daniel says.