jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Links to websites in comments section

1. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

I am curious.  Is it smart to OK comments from others when their name is simply a link to their own website?  I have been allowing them if their website seems to be a related subject...but am wondering now with all the Google changes if that is a smart policy.  What do you do when faced with this?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

People who post comments to your hubs and link to related websites, would be a good thing. So, I see no reason to stop it from happening. People who post comments on your hubs, who are not hubbers isn't a bad thing either. It shows your readers that other readers who are not hubbers actually leave related comments and links. I see that as a good thing also.

So, by my view, there isn't a down side. smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I guess it depends on the comment. If it's simply someone parking a link on my page, I deny it. If a thoughful comment is left that indicated they most likely read the hub, and the link is helpful, I accept it... BUT that rarely happens. It's usually spam.

4. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Rebekah, did you do that purposely, with regards to the huge white gap in your profile? Just curious... wink

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm  no..  but I don't like to have every hub I've written on my profile page. I know I don't read other profiles if they're too long.

hey I'll try making it smaller.  big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have 50+ hubs. I don't see how all of them can be on your profile page. I don't think they would fit. tongue But, it's your profile, do as you like. I just thought I would ask to see if it was done on purpose. With some people it is. wink

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I didn't like the huge white space. I had a blonde moment and forgot it was in my power to move the cursor up to the end of text! big_smile  Here all this time I was wondering why HP had my hubs set so far down on the page. lol

Thanks Cags.

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

6. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your input.  It makes sense what you have said.  Appreciate the feedback.  smile

working