jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Hub Unpublished? Reasons stated makes NO sense.

1. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Staff,

I think you need to check in on your moderators a little more closely. I just had a hub unpublished and the stated reasons make absolutely no sense.

It was unpublished for "Substandard"?

Substandard can mean::
    * An empty or short Hub
    * Poor spelling or grammar that interferes with the readability/credibility of the Hub
    * A Hub with awkward or difficult-to-read formatting
    * A Hub with a full-width link, news, comment, rss, or product capsule as the first capsule of the Hub
    * A Hub with broken links or missing videos

NONE of the above has any relation to the hub that was unpublished. The hub cannot be short, considering it has 1200+ words. Poor spelling or grammar? Not!

Awkward or difficult to read formatting? Maybe to a child in the fourth or fifth grade.

The rest doesn't apply either.

Please check out this apparent problem- Catherine Zeta Jones is the Celebrity Hub unpublished. Thank you for your time.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image82
    theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago

I think I've read that hub...at least I know I've read a majority of your sexy celebrity hubs and they're always fabulous! smile

3. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago
  4. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Thank you Hippi, much appreciated.

Thank you Sunforged for the link. smile

5. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

OMG...now this is very, very picky. The "ONLY" mistake I could find was one word needed to fix an error in a sentence.
    First sentence...Collection consists many beautiful women might be better as Collection consists of many beautiful women

The rest of the Hub was very well written and presented. If hubs are getting unpublished because of ONE small word missing...then HubPages might as well shut down entirely!!!

I have flagged hubs with words missing and horrible grammar that are STILL published!!!

6. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 5 years ago

I really like that hub man see this is why even though I have a title ready to work on, I'm not real sure I want to do so.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here! Why publish when you have no clue if it will even be published or taken right back down for no good reasons.

7. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

Cagsil - It was moderated because there are a couple of paragraphs there in the beginning that have nothing to do with the topic of Catherine Zeta Jones. If you remove them, then I think you can resubmit. smile

8. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

So, Jason, you're telling me that I am not allowed to tell people why I put up the hub in the first place? hmm

Okay, no problem. It looks like I'll trip them all. And, end up worse off. Good to know.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I suspect it's because you have to look at it from the perspective of a searcher. If they came looking for information about/pictures of CZJ and the title states that, but they start reading paragraphs that have nothing to do with her, they might assume it's a spun/garbage article without reading any further. smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, it's done. I've stripped all 38 hubs of the opening statement.

Please close this thread to reply.

2. White Teeth profile image60
        White Teethposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think reading is what they would have in mind...

Closed to reply

working