jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Problem with Amazon Affiliate A/C or Hubpages?

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
    Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago

A fellow hubber ordered a book from one of my hubs about one week ago. I didn't get any credit for it. I began checking my Amazon capsule links, and sometimes my Affiliate Code is not on the URL when I pull up the Amazon page, although it was when I wrote the hub and published it. If I stay on the same hub and look at the other Amazon items I placed on it, my Affiliate Code is there, and then if I go back to the first item in question, THEN the Affiliate Code magically appears. So natually, I am afraid all of my URL's are incorrect. I went back & forth with Amazon Affiliates via email for a few days, and now just got off the phone with a man named Patrick. We were on the phone for over a half hour, and he also sees that sometimes my Affiliate Amazon code is in the URL, and sometimes it is not the first time he clicks, but shows up later on after he checked for the second time. He is looking into it furthur as he was not too familiar with HP. But is anyone else having problems having their Amazon products tagged to their accounts? I have been on HP for 6 months, am a big Amazon fan, putting products on all my hubs. Another hubber suggested that since it's about clicks, that HP took the credit, but they are only due 40%, and I should have gotten my portion. I put between 3-6 products on most of my hubs if they are long enough, and have not had one sale in my whole time at HP. Let me know if you are having an issue too. Thanks.

2. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

jean, Hubpages takes 40% of IMPRESSIONS not earnings.

This means that you receive 100% of the commission 60% of the time.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So who gets the earnings 40% of the time if Hubpages only gets impressions?

3. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

My understanding of Amazon and E-Bay account was WE the Hubber receive the money and not split it with HubPages. We get paid from the Affiliates, not HubPages.
    Is this wrong? I knew it was the split on Adsense.

4. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You misunderstand me,

By impressions I reffer to teh fact that 60% of the time your ad code will be displayed, 40% of the time Hubpages ad code will be displayed (Unless referrals are involved but I am keeping this simple).

So if someone buys and item in hubpages 40% of ad impressiosn tehy get 100%, if someone buys something during your 60% of ad impressions you get 100%.

This is the most common way of revenue sharing.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly as how I understand it.

2. Michael Willis profile image78

That is how I understand it with "ADS." But I understood it to be different with Amazon and E-Bay.

1. thisisoli profile image56
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, it is the same across the board, whether you are using HPAds, Google Adsense, Amazon, or eBay, revenue is shared by giving you a percentage of impressions, that way it allows you to earn directly through each individual affiliate rather than Hubpages having to take all the earnings and divvy them up.

1. Michael Willis profile image78

OK, I hadn't thought about this until I read the OP post here.
          Since I did not get an E-Bay affiliate account, I do not display E-Bay products. And since Arkansas has passed the internet tax, I will take down all Amazon capsules also as soon as I get the e-mail from Amazon. So, both HP and myself lose in that deal.

5. tritrain profile image76
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

This has been reported by others before and I think there may be a problem with the linking from HubPages.

Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! That's the issue. The Amazon links from our hubpages are NOT displaying on our products that we put on our hubs. The person from the Affiliate verified this with me. At least somebody understands.

Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your code may be part of the line of digits and words, but it isn't correct. I understand about the 40-60% split, but think in 6 whole months and the display of at least over 150 items, I would have sold something.

working