jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Google Adwords keyword tool problem

1. sid_candid profile image62
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I cannot see estimated avg cpc for any keyword when I check it in the Google Adwords keyword tool. Is it just me or others too are facing the problem.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Looks like it's disappeared, Sid. I just used it yesterday and it was fine. So no -- it's not just you.

Edited to add: Actually, Sid, "approximate CPC" shows up if you're signed into AdWords. If you don't have an account, just create one. It's free.

sid_candidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have an adwords account and log in you can see the CPC data though. But I need the other data as with 800 keywords data we would gain face the excel issue. Hope you remember.

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Create an AdWords account. The next time you log into the keyword tool, right below the Search button, you'll see a link to "Sign into your AdWords account." You'll still be in the keyword tool -- you'll just have more options.

I already have an adwords account but as I told you the data when extracted into an excel sheet will create issues if you remember.

3. lrohner profile image84

I do remember. I just don't understand why there would be a difference between being logged in or not. Or maybe I'm just not understanding your question here and what you're looking for.

I thought you were looking to add that column showing avg cpc to the results returned in the keyword tool, no?

4. lrohner profile image84

Sid -- You should post on the TKA forum about this if you have access. I just looked at the numbers, and "approximate CPC" (which is there now) appears to be vastly different from the "estimated avg cpc" that we're used to seeing. I don't have a good handle on the changes just yet.

I have posted it in TKA forums but this is a dreadful change by Google especially if it is a permanent one

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, I think things will even out just fine once everyone understands what the changes are. I look at everything on Google's keyword tool as directional anyway.

working