jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Best advice your mother gave you...

1. elayne001 profile image46
    elayne001posted 5 years ago

My mother taught me to keep good records - I have kept a journal for most of my married life and have journals of both of my grandmother's and my mother's lives. They are very precious to me. What about you? What did you learn from your mother?

1. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can't name a particular situation that my mother would offer up specific advice, what she gave me was her graceful carriage.  I would sit every evening and study my mother as she removed her make-up, and watch her long blond hair tumble down from the daily severe bun.  She was a beautiful woman, I thought she was the crazy one for covering her natural elegance with make-up.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The best advice my mother gave me, was advice she never followed herself. Certainly shows my mother hypocrite nature, but the advice was still solid, remain true and honest to yourself. smile

3. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

Wear clean underwear. That's about it. But, it worked they are always clean, and I have a lot of underwear.

But, my mom never gave me much advice. She was more of a listener, and, a I'll tell you what to do, and when to do it mom. Which is why I never did anything, because all of that went to my brothers.

I was a good kid.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

play hopscotch, have a dog, wear clean underwear, take time out for yourself, learn to play an instrument, get out of the house, stay close to nature - plant seeds, love deeply, laugh easily ~ go peacefully.
    I miss her.

I just found this on my FB feed,

Your mother is always with you... She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street. She's the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks. She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not well. Your mother lives inside your laughter. She's crystallized in every tear drop... She's the place you came from, your first home... She's the map you follow with every step that you take. She's your first love and your first heart break....and nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space... Not even death...will ever separate you from your mother.... You carry her inside of you....

1. brimancandy profile image84
      brimancandyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That was nice. Makes me feel sorry for all those who never had the chance to know their mom. My mom is the best. I just saw her on mother's day.