jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Channels

1. sholland10 profile image89
    sholland10posted 5 years ago

Do hubbers need to put in a channel for Google AdSense for every hub?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

No. You can link your Adsense to Analytics and it will record all the hubs and earnings for you.

sholland10posted 5 years ago in reply to this

WryLilt, thank you for your reply. I did link to Analytics.   I have two accounts on Adsense, and the one that gets hardly any traffic is showing up.  I have added my Hub Page profile link and was hoping it would cover all my hubs.  I have gotten over 630 clicks on my hubs, but I am showing no earnings from AdSense or Amazon.  I think I am doing something wrong.  I am wading through all the directions, but it gets confusing when you are technologically challenged, as I am.  HA!  Thanks, again.  Maybe I should practice patience. :-)

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

To reiterate from the replies below:

-You can have ONE adsense account per physical address. (So if you and your hubby both used Adsense you'd have to share an account.) Or did you mean channels?

-You have 630 impressions, not clicks. An impression is when someone views your page. At this stage it's not unusual that you don't have earnings. Here's why:

*You can expect about $1-$5 in clicks per 1,000 external (search engine sent) impressions.
        *Right now at least some of those impressions are made up from you viewing your own hubs.
        *Many of the other impressions are probably from other hubbers viewing your hubs. Other hubbers rarely or never click adverts.

I'd recommend looking in your Google analytics and seeing what percent of traffic comes from search engines. The search engine traffic will bring you the dollars. Right now I average around 600-800 views a day with about 85-90% of that from search engines.

3. Howard S. profile image84
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

SHolland: Just so we're all on the same page, the "630 clicks " on your hubs are called page views and we usually talk about "clicks" as when someone clicks on one of your ads. I think you know this, but someone else reading it might get confused.

4. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

1) You say that you have two AdSense accounts.  As per Google rules, one individual can have only one account.

2) Again you say that of the two accounts, the one that gets hardly any traffic is showing up.  There is an implied inference that both your AdSense accounts are running on your Hubpages account. That is a most unlikely case, because you can use only one AdSense ID on your Hubpages account, provided you have only one profile on Hubpages.

3) AdSense ID and hub traffic have no relation.

5. mdlawyer profile image60

As you said you have two AdSense accounts, and the one with no traffic is showing up, I think your Hubpages account is with the other one.  So you sign out your AdSense or Gmail account and sign with the other username and password. Then it may show up your account with Hubpages pageviews and clicks and earnings.

6. mdlawyer profile image60

Again I apprehend that you have only one Adsense account and what is showing up is only an application that you submitted sometime ago with a different e-mail address, username and password.  If that is the case, sign out and sign in with the other username and password.

7. sholland10 profile image89

Thanks for all the responses.  I am challenged by this.  So, I need to delete one of the AdSense accounts.  I had to create a Google e-mail account to sign up for AdSense.  I use my personal e-mail account for Hub Pages.  Could this also add to the problem? 

And, if I am understanding correctly, I just need to be signed up with my Hub Page profile in order for the impressions to show up for all my Hubs.  As of right now, I have 0 impressions when I look at my reports, but on my account page it shows over 600.

I appreciate all the great advice. Thanks for your patience.  I am trying to read through everything on the HELP pages so I can figure this out, but having your responses seems to clear up some of the information.

Are both Adsense accounts APPROVED with the same physical address and name? Can you sign into both? If so you need to delete one or both can get banned.

As for getting impressions in Adsense you need to link your account here: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/ so your adverts show 60% of the time on your hubs. Then to track the views coming from Hubpages, sign into Adsense, Click on Adsense Setup>Channels>URL Channels>+ Add New Url Channel and type in hubpages.com - from that point on it will track all impressions from Hubpages seperately.

I checked my AdSense, and it only has one account with my gmail address.  I have two URLs on it a Blog Spot and Hub Pages.  I am going to go through your directions to see if I have it set up correctly.  Thanks, again!!

8. sholland10 profile image89

Rather than hubpages.com, I had my hub page profile address.  I left it and added hubpages.com.  Should I delete the profile address?

Yes delete the profile address. The profile address is used for signing up, but as a channel will only track impressions made directly on your profile page alone.

I will do that! Thanks so much for your help!

9. sholland10 profile image89

I think I got AdSense straightened out, but I am only showing 21 impressions/page views.  I have had 47 today and over 660 since my first hub on April 24th.  I hope it just needs time to catch up.

Thanks!!
    Susan

The channel will only track impressions from when you created it. So you've had 21 impressions since creation of the channel.

The other impressions are there but you won't be able to see the amount since you didn't have a channel for them. Any earnings would still show, however.

And you wouldn't have 660 impressions even if you did set up a channel from the start -  you only get 60% of impressions.

I went to my other blog that I rarely use and have mostly linked my Hub articles to, and I think it may be the one that has most of the impressions.  Hopefully, it will all start moving on my Hub Pages, though, since here is where I spend my time. We'll see... :-)

working