jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Best Mother's Day Gift

1. GmaGoldie profile image88
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

My children are my gift but was wondering if anyone had a some special memories to share?

Additionally, I am further blessed - I have the very best mother in law in the world!  Absolutely adore her.

What is the best way to show that I appreciate her love and support?

1. Denise Handlon profile image89
      Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Let me guess...hmmmm. Do you honor her son and that is how you show your mother in law that you appreciate her love and support? 

As for me-by two daughters and four grandkids are my gifts.  smile

1. cardelean profile image88
        cardeleanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Awww, aren't you sweet?  You are our gift as well!  smile

2. mecheil profile image61
      mecheilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

be on her side when she grows really old and weak, patiently listening to the stories that she told you hundreds of times already.. walking her to the porch every morning for some fresh air is something you look forward to everyday.. making her feel spilling stew because of shaky hands will never irritate you..  never show her you get upset over some hurtful words she spilled during her down moments.. and things like that.

i don't have mother in law, but i've always treasured memories with my grandparents, especially during those few years that they could no longer do things on their own. i noticed they like talking about their adventures while going through pages of photo albums of their friends. it makes them smile, and sometimes shed sweet tears.

2. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 5 years ago

I love the simple things in life and when my two toddler granddaughters came to the door with a pink heart picture frame and a lady bug planter with miniature pink roses, I was a happy camper.  They picked the gifts themselves.  These are the riches of the land, priceless, natural and beautiful.