jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Do You Get There From Here?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Hello...

I have often wondered, what are the criteria for being selected as one of those hubs showing up on the scrolling featured articles you see on the HP home page before you sign in?

Is it article content alone? Length of article? Length of seniority as a Hubber?  Perfect spelling and grammar?  (No, that can't be it--some of those hubs I've read contain such errors...)

Does HP track or "know" somehow who is earning what from Google, and feature the high-earners?  Is it invitational?  Are they hubs commissioned by HP?

I am mystified.  I strive to write high-quality, interesting articles, and from the comments I receive from fellow Hubbers, I apparently succeed in that.
    Or, is it based exclusively on success in tags and keywords, and high search-engine ranking?  (If that is the case, I'm doomed!)

I've been curious ever since I joined as to the source of these articles, some of which interest me greatly, others not at all.  But, I do see names there of Hubbers I follow.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

bumping.

3. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 5 years ago

Yes I am mystified where most come from.  Some are from people who have been  here for a while, but now, Most are from new people HP is courting to increase Their list of members to help increase HP's bank account with advertisers.

4. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

Hubber Score obviously has a lot to do with it. I've never seen one below 98, and they're mostly 100's. But that doesn't explain it completely.

5. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 5 years ago

There are many featured hubs below 98.

working