jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Submiting hubs to yahoo and google

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

Sorry there was a thread on here I was looking at on this and I simply cannot find it after 30 mins looking - so here's my question (and a suggestion!)

Question:  If I post my hub to yahoo and google as this thread I was reading suggested via an RSS feed to my yahoo and google home page, do I ALSO need to submit the url to these 2 separately?  I know there is much debate about this being necessary as search engines will find our hubs eventually, but I figure every little helps, so why not as it takes seconds....

Suggestion:  Can we have some method for adding a thread to a Fovourites list or seomthing so we can find it again?  At the moment the only way I have of finding threads I'm intersted in following is by bookmarking them (clumsy), or posting a post (which seems a little overenthusiastic if I've nothing to say but will allow me to click my posts and follow the discussion further later on...)

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Submission to search engines is a waste of time

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

When you first click in to land on the forums, there are two search boxes.  The one immediately beneath the 'my account my profile help' line of buttons is for site-wide searches.  The smaller search bar just a little bit beneath that is for forum-specific searches.  Try using that to find the thread you're looking for. big_smile

As to your question, I dunno. LOL I never worry about google or yahoo loving my Hubs, considering how quickly we're crawled.

4. solarshingles profile image60
    solarshinglesposted 8 years ago

Misha hit straight to the point. Don't waste time, especially after you did RSS subscription from one of your/friends accounts.

There are still professional SEO services out there, which are doing that for great money:)

5. GoldenThread profile image60
    GoldenThreadposted 8 years ago

Google finds new hubs within hours, so submitting to them is not worth your time. Yahoo will most likely find what Google indexes, eventually. wink

6. 60
    prosonposted 8 years ago

you don't submit your hub to google or yahoo as there is no need
    and in fact hubpages.com domain has been crawled by their spiders,

what you need to do with your hubpages, if you want search engine to be
    find is called building back links to it.

e.g. if I have to create a hub about job security first I will create a title
    that has "job security" in the title of your hub and also the URL

that is things like "Job security, Tips and Advice, 5 things you must know to safe your job"
    then on your hubpages, you have the url something called http://www.hubpages.com/hub/job-security-tips.

For building backlinks, you need other websites, blogs, articles directories to link
    with your hub that has "job security" in the "title" of the link.

for example, for html code, you will write: <a href="http://www.hubpages.com/hub/job-security-tips"> Job Security Tips </a>

something like that. It's all about seo guidelines.

By the way you can't submit your hub pages to most web directories, because they allow receive top level domain (meaning only http://www.xyz.com/ and not http://www.xyz.com/somethingHere submission so you have to do it on forums, articles directories or blogs.

hopes that help.

7. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Yeah unanimously good advice here: google pretty much lives on hubpages: because there is so much actiivity - usually it takes hours to get indexed, sometimes it takes a month! Its about content and the competitiveness of your subject more than anything else - and I have that from people who know more than me!

Almost everyone who knows also says its a waste of time submitting blogs to yahoo/google too. Instead you subscribe to your own fee on igoogle and if I keen  Iwill link back from my hubpage profile for a while until G notices