jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

news capsule

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

Why can't you guys delete the capsule on hubs that use it? You got rid of it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They will, eventually.  The email you got is just to warn people who may have used it in the main body of their Hub, in case removing it messes up the layout.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I think I had one on each of my hubs and I deleted them all-- but then, I don't have 1000 hubs, like you.

3. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

My understanding is that HubPages will remove the capsule.
    From an e-mail I received:

News Capsule Discontinued

The following published Hubs use the news capsule. The news capsule is no longer going to be supported on HubPages soon, and will simply be removed from your Hubs. The Hubs will not be unpublished, but removal of news capsules may affect their layout. So, we'd recommend reviewing the following Hubs, and if you have any concerns you can remove the news capsules yourself.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's the one I got too.  I deleted the capsules and did discover layout "issues" with a couple of the Hubs afterward.  They REALLY looked "stupid" after the capsule went.  smile

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol, I deleted most of mine already. The ones still in place have relevant information that is useful to the Hubs. But...I have them at the bottom of the page and full size, so that when HP does away with them, the format is not interrupted.

2. katiem2 profile image59
      katiem2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes I've been told the same thing and yet I have been deleting mine as I go along.  Some people will need to consider the layout of their hubs and how this may effect them.

4. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

I hope they will remove them by themselves. I have news on a couple and it would be really a pain to try to locate them. Even though I only have 141 hubs.

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

Definitely saw it somewhere on the forums by HP staff that existing news capsules will be auto deleted at a certain point.