jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Answers vs. Forum

1. Krysanthe profile image91
    Krysantheposted 5 years ago

Yes, I'm a noob.  I will completely admit that. So if my question is answered elsewhere I am sorry for the duplication.

I go out and read the answers frequently, adding my 2 cents when I have something of relevence to say.  What I've noticed though is many questions asked in the Answers that I would think would belong in the Forum.  To me a forum would be where Hubbers would go to ask questions about traffic, hubscores, adsense payout...well things about hubpages. 

I guess what I am wondering is what makes a question a forum question and what makes it something that goes in the Answers section?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

The forums are a place where you can have "discussions". Conversations can go back and forth and you can post multiple responses.
    In Answers, one person can only post one answer to a subject. I believe the Answers section is mostly a way to stimulate hub writing, and it can be a good place to get ideas.
    As far as subject, they can overlap into both areas. The difference is more in how they are used.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I agree with Rochelle Frank. Just to add a couple of things. In questions, it is possible to post one short answer and subsquently to answer the question with a hub. Questions are sudivided into many areas; as long as the question fits into any of them, it should be acceptable - however, I think that questions should have some value beyond seeking an immediate solution to a problem. Someone may come and post an answer several months after a question was posted.

4. mdlawyer profile image61
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

The purpose and plan of both the forum discussions and question-answer sessions are different.

5. Krysanthe profile image91
    Krysantheposted 5 years ago

Thanks all!  That kind of makes sense.  I just was getting confused.

6. Howard S. profile image84
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

I've found this discussion helpful. Thanks. smile