Keywords & Tags - HELP

1. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 5 years ago

I have been here for almost two years. I enjoy writing very much, and would like to figure out how to build a larger audience. I don't know if the Panda changes are going to work themselves out or not, BUT I'm getting extremely frustrated. 

The stuff of writing comes easy, the business of keyword search, and getting the tags just right drive me bonkers. Mostly I think I'm still groping around in the dark and making somewhat educated guesses in that whole area.

I've read, studied, and tried to learn, BUT it all remains a stifling, discouraging mystery to me.

Here is a link to my latest Hub, just posted this morning. I invite all input, BUT am really interested to hear feedback or help about tags and keywords. … Nightmares

2. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

I have never really worried about tags and keywords as much as most. I usually will target as little as 1-2 phrases or keywords per hub. I will only spend about 5-15 minutes on my keyword research. The main thing seems to be you have to find 1 word, and that can make all the difference. Your hubs and my hubs are vastly different, so I can only give you a little advice for what works for me.

I have gotten 400+ views in the first day on certain hubs(pre-algo), and it was only because it was relatively new content with not much information on it. And I also found 1 word that made the difference in that particular keyword phrase. It is hard to think of an example, but instead of blue blanket you sub "blue" out for "teal" and maybe 'blanket' to 'spread'. That particular example sucks, but the strategy itself has worked.

My suggestion would be to keep on trucking and improving like I am sure you are. The more hubs you create, the better chance you have to bring in extra cash. That is the way I see it.

I have also removed all of my RSS feeds, because I have heard that Google doesn't like them anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Also be innovative and maybe use audio or video? I believe if you want to grow an audience you will have to go video. Because right now the only thing people know about us is our pictures. Which does seem to help, I'd imagine video to only help more.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Ken, I am not sure of the purpose of the hub, other than for your own creative pleasure. I reviewed your keywords/tags, but only found that you make mention of them once or twice, at best.

Keywords/tags should be throughout your writing. Meaning, you mention them at least 3 or 4 times, possibly more. This would create keyword/tag richness to your content.

Keywords/tags should be search terms, you think your reader will use to locate your content. That's why- title should be keyword rich, your URL should be keyword rich and your content should be keyword rich. You have several keywords/tags that are broad, like "Canada" and "Washington"(which could mean multiple things).

Broad-based terms usually has tons of competition. More targeted terms helps limit your competition. Your "Canada" tag, when typed into a search engine, brings up 1,430,000,000 pages? And, "Washington" brings up 741,000,000 pages?

I do not write stuff like what you wrote, so I am unfamiliar with the terms. Sorry. hmm