jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Paradox Question 2

1. 0
    Mad Prophetposted 5 years ago

You live in a small town that's constantly under the tyranny of the drug cartels and organized crime.  The police are powerless to stop it, as they're afraid of the gangs and drug cartels that run that town.  Therefore, you live in a very dangerous place.  Let's just say they start to harass you and your family up to the point where they threaten your very lives, and end up trying to rape your spouse.  Now, take in mind the police are powerless and owned by the cartels in this town, so what would YOU do in this situation?

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Call the Hells Angels and tell them they are trying to take over their territory, hide in the cellar till the gun fight is over then pick off the few who are left with a snipers rifle perhaps? smile

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lollol What Earnest said. lollol tongue

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Basic instinct is to survive. If the problem is as bad as you described, I nor my family would be living there to begin with. So, my family wouldn't be in jeopardy. I would have left a long time ago. Material things have no value, when it comes to my life and my family's life.

1. 0
      Mad Prophetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but not everyone would have that option, as there are families that live like this everyday...and most of them can't afford to move.  Mainly for financial reasons.  Therefore, it's probably easy for you to say, as I'm sure you make a reasonable enough amount to move if you were in that situation.  However, most people aren't so lucky...perhaps I should've also said what if you couldn't afford to move and you were stuck there....THEN what would YOU do.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You ask a very realistic question,which sadly effects many towns and cities.

I dont know what the answer is to corruption. Unity if achieved could be a part of the solution.

Looks like Earnest at least has an answer ,lol.

Actually instead of sending so many troops overseas ,my solution would be have them root out the scum already oppressing the vulnerable trying to survive honestly.

2. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Afford? You didn't read my post very well. It wouldn't matter if I could afford it.
        I understand that. That comes from fear of restarting over from scratch. I have no fear of that. I would leave my possessions and have been long gone, before it became a problem.
        Again, money is not the problem.
        Again, makes no difference.