jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I never reported anyone on the forums..

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Last 2 days I've reported 3 obvious spammers. One saying "I'm from China", they post in completely unrelated topics too..

What the heck!

2. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

me too mate, 3 spammers in as many days..just saw a massive post with links in one thread.. somethings going on!

3. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

In all the time I have been here, we have spammers posting on the forums at all times of day and on unrelated topics.
    It's the nature of the internet, just report it as spam and move on.

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll have to call that common sense.

I am very aware of this. I've been posting on forums for 7-8 years.  Along with the fact that there are not nearly as many people posting. Also 2 of those 3 spammers had just joined. Problem in my books, also an easy fix.

It is not normal for here either way you look at it. Or at least shouldn't be.

2. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good advice. I report all spam, and if they do nothing but spam, I flag/ leave a report on their profile.
      My hope is it will save hubpages some time if I report the profile.

4. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

There are also those that will "spam" across many forum threads. Somehow they think by hiding their spam inside others posts that they get away with it. And they will if not reported.

One way I have noticed this is when you see an unfamiliar username with rapid posting. After seeing two posts of spam in a row, check their hubtivity on their profile page and you can find what they are doing.

Of course, no hubs will be present. Then I flag the profile started just to spam. Always add a message to the report to help the moderator know why you flagged the profile.