Adsense Email (anyone else)

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Has anyone else received this email and understand what it means? I am not sure if this is something I did, or if trends through many adsense publishers prompted this email

Dear AdSense Publisher,

At Google, we are committed to maintaining a positive ecosystem for our users, publishers and advertisers. As a result of our quality controls, we've been observing some negative trends around advertiser ROI and user experience due to ad units positioned near dynamic Flash content. Because of this, we have modified our policy guidelines and want to ensure that you're aware of these changes.

If you're using the AdSense for Games product please make sure you're following all guidelines listed in this document: Here

We're asking you to review your AdSense for Content units for placements that could result in accidental clicks. We recommend positioning ads at least 150 pixels away from any dynamic Flash content or game player(s). Please modify these implementations as soon as possible if this is your case, otherwise no action is necessary. You can find more detailed information about this on the Inside AdSense blog: Here.

Note that continuing to show ads in a manner that is not consistent with the guidance above will likely lead to earnings adjustments for clicks that are accidental, and thus invalid. In cases with significant advertiser risk, we may issue policy notifications, disable ad serving to the violating site, or even to the entire account.

We appreciate your understanding and collaboration in this effort to maintain the effectiveness and value of the Google Display Network.

What exactly does this all mean?

2. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

Seems clear to me. If you have a website in the gaming niche and you use flash elements, make sure that your flash is at least 150 pixels away from your adsense ads so that visitors to your site are not confused between an ad and a flash.

1. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do have youtube videos on my website, but no flash games or anything of that nature. Not exactly sure how to fix this on wordpress (keep videos 150 pixels away from the ads).