jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Using the Title Tuner

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

Some of my Hub titles are really long. Probably too long. The reason for this is I post a hub, then after awhile I use the title tuner and it gives suggestions on adding words. I add the words which makes the titles long. My question is: What is better a long title or fitting in the title tuner words?

1. andycool profile image71
      andycoolposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The suggestions to add words based on keywords (a feature found under stats > keywords of a hub) has been extremely useful for me... I also experimented with the title tuner, but I found the former more useful.

2. Bilaras profile image88
      Bilarasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

andycool is right change it based on keyword data. However don't make is too obvious. You should also be careful in choosing your hub address.
      One more thing that i think is quite useful, try using less tags.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Susan,

You might want to keep in mind the method that search engines use, with regards to displaying your title more so.

Extremely long titles, over 65 letters(including spacing) will run off into .............. and the searcher will not be able to read your entire title. They may get a gist of your URL from the summary Google takes and displays.

Titles should be keyword rich. So words you have in your title, should be related to your keywords. The Title Tuner, is only good for making sensible(readable) titles. It offers things like search terms- as, was, the, is and things like that. It shows you the percentage people use the term to search.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much everyone. I guess I had better get busy and do some title tuning of my own then smile