jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

What's wrong with these Hubs?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I've been working through the email from HP and fixed up most of my Hubs, but these two have me beat:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Tribal-Belly-Dance-Make-Up
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Isis-Wings

Maybe I'm just going cross-eyed after going through so many Hubs, but can anyone see what the problem is with these two?

I have emailed the team but haven't heard back for several days - no doubt they're pretty busy!

1. Michael Willis profile image79
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On the first hub listed...how did you get the Large Google Ads right before comments?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Michael, from what I have figured out, it has to do with the length of the hub. I haven't nailed it down as of yet, but am working on it. smile

Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, interesting.  Can't wait to see what you work out!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Marisa,

I checked on the hub below-
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Isis-Wings

I don't think you can have the Amazon at the top, like that. I don't think it's allowed.

Not to mention, you have only four keywords? Usually, 9-15 are good for articles up to 1500 words.

I didn't see any problems with the links, however, your RSS Feed is invalid.

I know you can't have an Amazon capsule as the first full-width capsule, but I thought having it on the right hand side was OK?  Maybe not.

I didn't see anything wrong with the RSS feed when I looked at it, but if it's not working then that could be the problem too.

Thanks for the tip on the keywords - I never think of keyword density when I'm writing, I really should!

2. Michael Willis profile image79

Now that was weird seeing the RSS not valid. I thought we only could see that on our hubs!

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I looked Marisa, but saw nothing that I would have thought were outside adsense tos.
    Maybe the algorithm is looking for exposed midriffs!

I hope someone from hubpages staff will throw some light on this. smile

4. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Marisa...on the first one I didn't see anything unless I missed something,
    On the 2nd hub about the Isis Wigs...at the bottom you have more than 2 links to the same domain. All of these show to go to bellydancingdvdivas.com. Which is a violation.

What does the e-mail from Hp state?

1. Michael Willis profile image79

Marisa...I found the problem with the first hub also...Your last links are the same domain. bellydancingdvdivas.com. There are 3.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93

Not so, Michael.  Under the rules, you can have two links to a website in your text, OR you can have an RSS feed. The RSS feed counts as two links, no matter how many items you show.

I have the same thing on several other Hubs which don't show any warnings.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
        Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It does say in the email rather explicitly:

Too Many Affiliate Links
        The following published Hubs have too many affiliate links. You are allowed up to 2 affiliate links per domain, per Hub. Hubs with too many affiliate links may be unbpublished at any time.

As Michael pointed out, you have 3 affiliate links to the same domain. The fact that they're grouped in an RSS feed does not change the fact that they're affiliate links.

You can reduce the number of links to 2 and you should be fine. smile

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Marisa,

I reviewed your other hub too.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Tribal-Belly-Dance-Make-Up

I can see you having a problem with keywords. You have one with an "oz" on the end, it could be moderated possibly. I looked at it and didn't know what it meant.

I don't see the main block for adsense, but I guess you did that on purpose. hmm

I hope I helped. I don't see anything else. Both hubs are great though. smile

That's my unique keyword, which I use for creating "related" RSS feeds.  I was going to get rid of them because Jason said they were illegal - however he's since clarified that if the Hub is otherwise OK,one personal tag is unlikely to be a problem.  So I'm leaving it be, because otherwise I'd have to edit all my RSS feeds!

6. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

what did they say were the issues?

Do you want the first words (in the first hub) being a link?  I doubt if that is the problem, but just wondering. I've always thought that was a strange way to begin an article. But my opinion only.

The issue was excessive affiliate links.

These Hubs are written mainly to promote my belly dance websites, so if someone clicks on the first words and goes to my website, I'm happy. smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I kind of thought that after I checked your links.

I guess if you want to keep them here, you'll need to get rid of some links. hmm

Closed to reply

working