Jason, please clarify what is an affiliate link

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately I have to start yet another thread, because Jason has again closed my thread to reply.

The RSS feed on this Hub is to my own domain:

The links in the feed are not affiliate links, they are links to posts on my blog.

Each post does have an Amazon ad displayed on it.  Could that be what is causing the filter to identify them as "affiliate links"?  If so, that needs to be clarified - not just for me but for other Hubbers.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has affiliate ads on some of their blog posts.

And Jason, the fact that you close my threads is confusing me.  Haven't you noticed that I'm still here, that I haven't removed my Hubs, and that I'm conscientiously editing my Hubs to bring them into compliance? 

Yes, I do feel some things post-Panda have been badly handled and I'm going to say what I think, because I feel the HP team needs to stop closing their eyes to the reaction they're causing - but if you look on other threads, I've also been standing up for HubPages and asking people not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Threads are normally only closed when things get out of hand - closing them just because you think you've answered the question, without waiting for feedback from the OP, is rude.If you're going to start being rude to Hubbers who are on your side, you're not going to help matters.

2. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

The bellydancingdvdivas links are considered affiliate links.

If you need further clarification about this, please contact team@. The forums aren't going to be able to provide you with any additional clarity on the matter.

Closed to reply