jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

When I search for Pani Google HQ I get my blog, then some clickbank site, then my HP article.

My question is - who the hell is this and what are they doing?

It seems if I follow their link I just end up back on HP but I can't see the angle - are they stealing my content or somehow getting some benefit?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The site is only using a line or two, then linking back to your Hub.  That's a backlink, and a good thing.   Even if real people don't follow the link, Google can see it.

2. Garrett Mickley profile image80
    Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago

Looks like they're using Hubpage RSS feeds to build content pages on their website.  Possibly for a purpose in the future?

As for who it is:

domain:       clickbank.lv
    tech-c:       88391-LUMII
    admin-c:      146401-LUMII
    nserver:      ns.nano.lv
    nserver:      ns2.nano.lv
    changed:       20110207
    source:       LUMII

person:       <hidden>
    address:      none
    phone:        +371 67160167
    fax-no:       +371 67876478
    nic-hdl:      88391-LUMII

person:       <hidden>
    address:      none
    phone:        +371 29131987
    nic-hdl:      146401-LUMII

EDIT: Some info such as emails was removed.  The info is all here: http://whois.domaintools.com/clickbank.lv

Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Garrett.  I figured out the damage this does to me and other hubbers.  Someone searching who lands on this site first is offered the choice of either reading the original article OR some other dubious action.

This is a negative effect on my traffic and other people.

I don't know what if anything can done about this, and I don't know why they rank higher than the original articles.

I am sick to my stomach.  Traffic is bad anyway without someone stealing, interfering with what little I have.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

could work as a backlink to your hubs- scrapers from Latvia (the tel are fr Latvia). If they can outrank your hubs, it means G is a mess.

Yes, I thought that at first.  The problem is that a searcher just picks up the first site which is theirs, and although there is a link to me there is also other links going on.  That means that ALL my potential traffic for the so called linked hubs goes through their site first. 

It would seem they set up an RSS so my stuff is automatically copied and linked in - so everything I do now immediately gets outranked by the spammer.

I'd like a reason now why I shouldn't delete all my hubs and republish them in bits in my blog which is ranked HIGHER than the spammer.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
        prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They can do that to your blogs too if you moved your hubs there.

4. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 5 years ago

Dont worry too much about it. There is almost nothing you can do about someone posting your rss feeds anywhere on the net. (thats what rss feeds are for in the first place, I guess) The pros are you get backlinks and more visitors.

Thanks Sunseven... but... if they rank higher for my search term then the potential visitor has an extra decision to make.  It's not as if they're that keen to visit me anyway.

5. doitex profile image60
    doitexposted 5 years ago

Hi, Mark!

I am owner of clickbank.lv - I am using RSS feeds from various sources to make one place where everybody can get hot info about news in internet marketing.

I chosed authors and sources which I feel have good writing style and valuable content.

I am placing "Read more" link to original sources - so authors can get extra trafic to their articles.

I am adding value to those feeds:

1) Packaging - I add pictures for feeds without pictures

2) Adds free place - in clickbank.lv there are no AdSense, No banners - readers can focus on their topics.

3) I removed broken characters - there are problems with fonts etc I made software which deals with all those issues

4) FILTERING feeds - thats esential because most of HubPage authors are shifting, they start write about SEO and then shift to BinLaden or other stuff. I am filtering out those RSS with special software I have made. I am building my keywords data base and checking if some author is shifting from main topic.

There are just 1 link "Get solution" - thats redirects to marketing solutions related to topics. I focus on 25% people who do not like to read a lot but just take solution. Acording to marketing theory all people divides in 4 parts and 25% of all people do not like to read a lot of info but want to get to core and get solutions. Thats my target audience. But all the rest 75% is yours audience.

I investigated RSS feeds copyrights issues and found that what I am doing is legal. If not - please explain to me, and if this is realy not legal - I will close that site.

As you see I am not hiding, my name is Janis Supe and you see my real photo in profile.

I believe I did Win-Win solution:

1) Authors gets 75% trafic and benefits from that site.

2) Readers have place without Ads and high value articles anotations to make decisions what article to read more or try solution which I offer for particular topics (i am still improving that)

3) I get affiliate commisions and I learn a lot from the best authors

Mark, and any HubPage author, If you still feel that this is not Win-Win situation for you - then write to me (check my profile) and I will remove your RSS feeds.

I have learned SEO, because I get higher rank. And I am offering to people to learn SEO too. Maybe you should build some new site with your RSS feeds and your favorite authors feeds and you will get TOP position? Think about that. But thing more about value you are creating - not just position smile

Best regards,

1. Garrett Mickley profile image80
      Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well isn't that honorable of you to come here and explain yourself.

Feel free to throw my RSS feed up there. I can't see how it can do me any damage.

I have a few hubs that can benefit from your theme, such as using Tumblr for Backlinks and other such topics.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely legal.

I notice your site is running a little slow, maybe review your choice of theme?  You may also get hit with a duplicate content penalty because so many people use articlesbase articles already.