Google First Page Success Stories Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 66 discussions (90 posts)
  1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Did your Hub make it to the first page of Google for your topic? If so, tell us what the Hub is about and how it made it there...oh, and great job!

I saw that Ananta65's Hub How to Kiss Your Girlfriend is on the first page of Google results if you search for 'How to kiss your girlfriend' and 'kissing your girlfriend'.

Check it out:

http://hubpages.com/u/508376_f520.jpg

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image57
      ASHWINSPGAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Funny Tabloids 1st on Page 1  http://hubpages.com/hub/FUNNY-TABLOIDS
      its about funny ads noticed in the newspapers and some funny headlines in some newspapers and a mistranslated Madonna interview. it has been there on the top for nearly 2 months now

2. profile image0
      Ananta65posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Although ranking high in the Google results never is my aim - I write because I like to write - it is satisfying to see that you do at times smile
      Great work everyone here, I guess together we prove that writing out of passion and for fun 'pays off' either in money or in recognition!

3. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not only did it make it to the first page but the owner of the website I was talking about left a comment on my hubpage.

Now thats a successful hub in my book.

Thanks for the opportunity to give it a plug:

http://hubpages.com/hub/MakeMoneyExperiment

4. rockinjoe profile image88
      rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm first page for "Wife's Naked Chest" and also "Wife's Chest" (My mom would be so proud)
      I also found a dupe of this hub someone stole from me http://hubpages.com/hub/Please_Rate_My_ … aked_Chest while I was looking thru Google. The site is even hotlinking the photo from the Hubpages server.

Some people are ballsy!

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3021/2830713733_fd6008fea8.jpg
    tongue

3. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

Niiiice...I know how hard it is to find the Google homepage while searching on Google. smile

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Out of almost 28 million results tongue

You'd be surprised, but that hub gets 60 visitors daily from Google just for that keyword. And there are "google home page" and other variations, too... Obviously it's kind of hard for quite a few people big_smile

2. profile image32
      prosonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

it is as hard as you think, you basically need to know your searchers behavior when searching
      and also write "crafted" articles that follow certain SEO guidelines and it is done!

4. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Does it count if it's a link to a tag that only your hub occupies?

Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sure, that'll work. smile

5. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

My hub on world war one trench warfare is on page one of Google
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … mp;spell=1
    but it is number 1 on Yahoo search
    http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=wor … &rd=r1

I have a few other hubs on google and yahoo first pages but they can change from day to day.

6. gamergirl profile image85

Okay, found some.

I come up on the first page for "navy boot camp", as well as a few other tags from that hub. big_smile

A few from my Control Hunger hub bring me up on the first page as well. *flexes*

7. Jerilee Wei profile image67
    Jerilee Weiposted 15 years ago

Found several of mine, but consistently the ones that stay put are on obscure or odd topics, so not sure that does me a lot of good.  Cajun traiteuse gets me there.

8. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

I've got quite a few.  I know that my wu-yi tea hub sits #1 on Google for wu-yi tea and its variants, my colon cleanse hub is the third result for colon cleanse scam, my pillow placement hub is #1 for both pillow position  and pillow placement, several of my spa-at-home recipes are on the first page of some search terms like facial mask recipes, etc.  Those are the ones I know for sure.

9. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

How is page 5? smile

10. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

You will find me for:

iphone bluetooth - 4th result
    iphone bluetooth headset - 1st result
    2008 motorcycles - 3rd result
    homemade hamburgers - 1st result
    homemade burgers - 2nd result
    fish and chips - 5th result

Plus a few similar searches, and of course my personal favorites:

Atheism rules (which has its own page rank now smile ) and

frongelous facial growth

which I own big_smile

11. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

Google "how to cook pumpkin seeds" and I'm on page one.  Woohoo!

Ohhhh, nice one. smile

I am on the first page for the "jelly belly belly flops" Hub that I wrote. Not a huge search topic, but it's a topic that a niche group is looking up quite a bit.

12. desert blondie profile image55
    desert blondieposted 15 years ago

Hey, hey...never bothered to even check until seeing this...but I've got one!!! Google Patriotic Movies and I'm on page one!  Thrilling!

13. desert blondie profile image55

I'm on a roll!!!  IFFFF someone ever googles 'retro blue fashion' I'm #1 on googles page one!!! (For patriotic movies I was third from the bottom).  Well Laa Dee Dah to me!  It's Friday, folks, so if I'm giving myself a pat on the back or two...well, I need it, I earned it, and gosh darn it...people like me! (Reference? Al Franken continuing skit on Sat, Night Live)

1. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!  Your movie hubs are always fun to read.

14. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 15 years ago

I have several but this one is the first on the first page..and has been for a long time. smile
    WHo would have thought people love donuts like that?

How to Make Delicious Homemade Donuts    · Food/Cooking
    Donut recipes are numerous. Great donuts recipes are a little harder to find. These are great. Here are two of my favorite recipes,with tips on how to make ...
    hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Delicious-Homemade-Donuts - 68k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

15. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

So I ran through some of my own titles and tags, thinking "yeah, right" the whole time.

Then I Googled on frugal software (no quotes), and what to my wondering eyes should appear?

http://hubpages.com/u/508731_f520.jpg

Number One????

Marian, that's pretty sweet!

Wow, there's 1,420,000 results, too. cool

Congrats!

16. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

My HubPages for Internet Marketing hub is currently #1 in Google's Australian data centre -  I love it because I out rank the crappy ebooks on how to become a hubpages guru for $97! LOL

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You should sell one from that hub. You are leaving a lot of money on the table. Team up with darkside, and you guys will make a small fortune smile

1. Lissie profile image75
        Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually I have an evil plan for it - but got to say its not the most heavily searched phrase on the internet ! The money making was supposed to be all these potential marketers signing up thru that hub with my referral code - but its been pretty unsuccessful on that!

17. amy jane profile image72
    amy janeposted 15 years ago

I have a bunch - but didn't have a chance to check everything.

My "Perfect Mom Next Door"  hub is page 1, number 3
    Bedtime Games is page 1, number 1
    5 Ways to Apologize, page 1, number 3
    Playthings for Babies, Mommy Meltdown, How to Comfort a Grieving Child, Japanese Food Guide and Learn the Trapeze are also page one for their key words.

My newest hub, Equestrian Riding Clothing is on page 1 already too! smile

I haven't checked most of my hubs in so long...now I have to go check the rest...

18. gamergirl profile image85

Navy Boot Camp hub:

what to take to boot camp  (eighth result out of 6.1 million)
    what not to take to boot camp (second result out of 499,000)
    navy boot camp experience  (fifth result out of 108,000)
    navy boot camp schedule  (sixth result out of 258,000)
    what happens at boot camp  (eighth out of 1.04 million)

I'm so proud of that hub!!

19. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 15 years ago

You know, GG, that hub is/ was brilliant.

I wish I would have had somethng like that when I went to boot camp...It was in the 70s and I showed up at Ft Leonard Wood Missouri in a halter top and jeans.  Did not own the proper..umm...garments.
    It was quite an adjustment, but finally the Army got used to me.  ;D

20. shawna.wilson profile image60
    shawna.wilsonposted 15 years ago

I'm number 9 out of 2,180,000 on Google for my article "How to Start a Personal Grocery Shopping Business."  Pretty cool!

21. desert blondie profile image55

Kudos to donuts and frugal-ness! How inspiring to find ourselves on page one of Google searches?  this 'thread' of comments or forum-ing or whatever this is seems a great way to keep us hubbers connected and feeling positive!  Congrats everyone!

22. desert blondie profile image55

Oh...overlooked 'personal grocery shopping,' 'internet marketing,' and all of Amy Jane's successes...no slight intended...Congrats all around!

23. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

I had many. But haven't checked lately smile

24. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

My 'how to generate electricity' is currently no 1 on page 1 of Google & Yahoo. Same with 'Equal Temperament Guitar Tuning'.  But of course the more unpopular the subject, the more likely you are to get the no 1 spot. For example, I've got a no 1 for "The Art of Accidental or Serendipitous Photography - Knees, Plungers & Aliens" (But its page rank is not high!!)

1. ngureco profile image79
      ngurecoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

How can it be "the more unpopular the subject, the more likely you are to get the no 1 spot"?

1. profile image0
        buddingwriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well I must have a talent for writing unpopular hubs neutral . cause 10 of my 17 hubs are no.1 on google front page. If this is true, so much for celebrating hmm .  3 other hubs made front page as well but at different levels. making it 13 out of 17??? boy, if what you say is true, then thats not good  sad

1. Paraglider profile image88
          Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Put it this way - if you write a hub caled "David Beckham" what are your chances of fighting your way to the no 1 spot? But write one called "Maurice Tripalong-Fraggett" and the number one spot is your for the asking.

25. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 15 years ago

I have a few. Google Paula Deen, fried green tomatoes and find "Paula Deen Don't Make Fried Green Tomatoes Good as Mama Did." That is my highest hit hub.

Two others are "Rocky the Amazing Trick Mule," just google rocky, mule and it comes up on the 1st page, and my "Displaying Your Horse Show Ribbons" is on page 1 if I google, "display horse show ribbons.

Of course it can all change, but this morning it worked.

26. funride profile image67
    funrideposted 15 years ago

I never check my hubs on search engines but I have a few on google 1st page.

Searching for Bicycles made out from wood - 3th place.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/woodbikes.jpg

Searching for Bicycles made from wood - 8th place.

Searching for Italian mountain bikes - 2nd place. And my lens comes up at 4th big_smile.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/italianbikes.jpg

Searching for How to choose your children's bike - 2nd place.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/childrenbike.jpg

and 3th if searching for How to choose children bike.

Searching for Madeleine McCann - The True of Lie - Book review - 1st Place.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/maddie.jpg

Madeleine McCann - The True of Lie - 2nd place.

Searching for First Indoor Mountain Bike Park - 1st Place.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/firstbikepark.jpg

But only 9th if searching for Indoor Mountain Bike Park.

Searching for How to make a Super Car - 2nd place.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/supercar.jpg

Searching for Visiting Lisbon - 4th place.

I´ll have to check out some of my other hubs wink.

1. funride profile image67
      funrideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I tried again and it´s first place now roll.
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/childrenbike1.jpg

27. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

Congrats to all of you...I'm off to check my hubs out on google too. regards Zsuzsy

28. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

Wow! I checked 5 of my hubs out and this is the results I got: (I just copy and pasted these results... as I have no idea how to get the google pages to look loke google pages) This quite thrilling. I'm going back to google now to baste some more in my Glory.

Web
    Results 1 - 20 of about 947,000 for Life 75 Years Ago Compared To Now! (the cost of living) with Safesearch on. (0.30 seconds)
    Did you mean: Life 75 Years Ago Compared To Know! (the cost of living) 

Search Results
    1.    Life 75 Years Ago Compared To Now! (the cost of living)
    Lets compare the prices of 1933-34 to New Cars Various models, starting at $445.00-565.00 Clothing Men's shoes, sport, 3.00/pair Men's slacks, ...
    hubpages.com/hub/Life-75-Years-Ago-Compared-To-Now - 105k - Cached - Similar pages
    2.    Prices of today comared to 75 years ago - Hot Hubs
    Life 75 Years Ago Compared To Now! (the cost of living). by Zsuzsy Bee. Lets compare the prices of 1933-34 to New Cars Various models, ...
    hubpages.com/tag/prices+of+today+comared+to+75+years+ago/hot - 7k - Cached - Similar pages
    3.    Life 75 Years Ago Compared To Now! (the cost of living) « Family ...
    Title: Life 75 Years Ago Compared To Now! (the cost of living). Author: Zsuzsy Bee. Category: Family. Clicks: 0. Listing added: Jun 5, 2008 ...
    besthubpages.com/Family/Life-75-Years-Ago-Compared-To-Now-the-cost-of-living-l821.html - 22k - Cached - Similar pages
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Web
    Results 1 - 20 of about 10,800 for Empty-Nest Syndrome and the Single Mom with Safesearch on. (0.36 seconds)
    Search Results
    1.    Empty-Nest Syndrome and the Single Mom
    It's not easy being a single Mom, let alone being a single Mom of teenagers. This following article is meant to point out that you, the parent of teens are ...
    hubpages.com/hub/Empty-Nest-Syndrome-and-the-Single-Mom - 47k - Cached - Similar pages
    2.    How to overcome empty nest syndrome - Hot Hubs
    Empty-Nest Syndrome and the Single Mom. by Zsuzsy Bee. It's not easy being a single Mom, let alone being a single Mom of teenagers. ...
    hubpages.com/tag/how+to+overcome+empty+nest+syndrome/hot - 7k - Cached - Similar pages
    More results from hubpages.com »
    3.    FQA SINGLE MOMS, FQA Single Mothers - Single Moms Tips<
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Web
    Results 1 - 20 of about 24,000 for Save Money: Reupholster Your Furniture Yourself with Safesearch on. (0.25 seconds)
    Search Results
    1.    Save Money: Reupholster Your Furniture Yourself
    One of the key words here would be reupholster furniture INEXPENSIVELY therefore save money.... If you have antique furniture that's worth mega bucks, ...
    hubpages.com/hub/Save-Money---Reupholster-Your-Furniture-Yourself-- - 49k - Cached - Similar pages
    2.    DIY How to reupholster furniture inexpensively
    How to reupholster your furniture and not cost thousands .... How to save money making cards for Christmas with the kids61; Tips to help you sell hand made ...
    hubpages.com/hub/DIY--How-to-reupholster-furniture-inexpensively - 41k - Cached - Similar pages
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Results 1 - 20 of about 5,460 for How to make Hungarian plum dumplings with Safesearch on. (0.33 seconds)
    Search Results
    1.    How to make Hungarian plum dumplings
    Hungary has the perfect growing conditions for plums. My families orchard in the northeast of Hungary had many old plum trees.
    hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-Hungarian-plum-dumplings - 46k - Cached - Similar pages
    Results 1 - 20 of about 1,590,000 for Compatible Planting with Safesearch on. (0.20 seconds)
    Search Results
    1.    Compatible Planting
    It took me years to realize, better said to recall all Gramps had told about garden companions. To me as a teenager it really didn't matter that the tomato ...
    hubpages.com/hub/Compatible-Planting- - 73k - Cached - Similar pages
    2.    Growing Beans, Corn, Squash
    The inspiration for this hub began germinating when I read an excellent hub on compatible planting by Zsuzsy bee. I know compatible planting as companion ...
    hubpages.com/hub/Growing-Bean--Corn--Squash - 30k - Cached - Similar pages
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Results 1 - 20 of about 16,800 for how to crochet a granny square throw with Safesearch on. (0.33 seconds)
    Search Results
    1.    How to Crochet a Granny Square Throw. Part I
    The granny square has lost some of it's appeal possibly by its name alone. These squares were THE "scrap-craft" of our ancestors. In years gone by there was ...
    hubpages.com/hub/How-to-crochet-a-granny-square-throw - 70k - Cached - Similar pages
    2.    How to Crochet a Granny Square Throw! Part II
    After following 'How to crochet a Granny Square throw part 1' You have become a pro at these Granny Squares. Now to make the "not so square" squares is ...
    hubpages.com/hub/How-to-crochet-a-granny-square-throw-part-II - 45k - Cached - Similar pages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

I don't know how to link the images, but so far:

1st page, 1st line:  spell bad rap (also 1-1: spelling bad rap, spelling bad wrap, spell bad wrap)

1st page, 3rd line:  how to spell bachelor's degree (with a few variants also first page)

1st page, 4th line: pictures in your hub  /  photos in your hub  (LOL, 2 days old)

1st page, 9th line: self cannibalism  (lol)

1st page, 1st line: Excrement, Inc (lol)

Ok, I'll stop.  Only the first two are going to get any searches anyway, and the version of my Arc Flash article sent in to an electrical magazine by a friend of mine actually appears on the second page or Arc Flash Analysis search before the actual hub lol.  /sigh.

30. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

I never even thought to check to see if any of my hubs made it to the top page.  I went and did it for a couple and one of the couple that I did check was number 3 on the first page!  I was surprised, cause it was the Hub on teaching your baby to speak, and I figured there would be a lot of information out on the web for that topic already!  I will have to check for the others.  I have no idea.

31. Just_Rodney profile image70
    Just_Rodneyposted 15 years ago

My How to make that perfect Eisbein is on 1 currently, and Hub on Homemade Brawn was number 1 on search for several weeks. Now 3 cool

32. dishyum profile image57
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Nice success stories! big_smile

33. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

I haven't thought to check this lately. I didn't have time to check all of them for certain keywords but of the few I checked, these were on first page of Google:

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-List-of-My-Bu … ional-Hubs

http://hubpages.com/hub/Famous-Cherokee-Women

http://hubpages.com/hub/Can-You-Smell-T … Effect-You

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-do-trucker-actually-earn

http://hubpages.com/hub/Criminologists- … e-Profiler

http://hubpages.com/hub/Avoiding-those- … work-scams

http://hubpages.com/hub/History-of-Doub … -jump-rope

http://hubpages.com/hub/MLM-Pyramid-or-power-business

http://hubpages.com/hub/HubPages-vs-Yah … difference

Haven't had time to check all of them or to check on Yahoo but at least this gives me a temporary boost in confidence lol. Thanks for starting this topic. It will remind me to check more when I have time!

34. rmr profile image69
    rmrposted 15 years ago

Woohoo! I just Googled "how to raise a baby sparrow", and my hub was the second result on page one!

35. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

Wow, I had no idea that there were so many Hubs that ranked so well!

Keep them coming if you have anything else to add as time goes on, I'm sure that we'll just have more and more hitting that sweet-tasting front page. smile

36. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Its because of all your posts, that i have prepared a hub, titled,

"Hubbers who Have knocked My Hub Off The 1st Page Of Google"..!!

just kidding lol

Good job everyone! smile

1. Shirley Anderson profile image70
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol  Cute!

1. compu-smart profile image90
        compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Shirley Anderson wrote:

ty

ur2 wink

ttyl-Em!wink

37. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

thx!  smile

ttys!!

38. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

Keeping this topic alive, baby!

Check out SunSeven's Hub on Mecenaries 2 Cheats that is #1 on Google...niiiice. smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mercenaries-2-Cheats

http://hubpages.com/u/519945_f520.jpg

39. Princessa profile image80
    Princessaposted 15 years ago

My travel hub on Italy: http://hubpages.com/hub/Scalea--Italy made it to first page under "Scalea". 

The hub on swimwear http://hubpages.com/hub/Swimwear-for-curvy-girls,  the Curvy or fat? http://hubpages.com/hub/Curvy--or--fat- and the one on French men: http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-are-French- … resistible also made it to first page matching for exact titles.    I haven't check any others yet... I'll have a look.

40. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

I just checked my latest hub which was published last night and it is/was number 4 on page 1 of Google search.

http://hubpages.com/u/525695_f520.jpg
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Do-Religions-Cause-Wars

Also my Sarah Palin's Acoomplishments hub ranked number 1 on Google page 1.

http://hubpages.com/u/525714_f520.jpg

http://hubpages.com/hub/Sarah-Palins-Accomplishments

1. Princessa profile image80
      Princessaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well done SirDent smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Princessa. You wouldn't happen to be a model would you?  tongue

roll

41. profile image0
    Anitha1978posted 15 years ago

When i Googled my health hub mine turned up first on page 1. The other 9 searches results below mine were also Health hubs from hubpages. Am i searching my hub ranking in Google the correct way? http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=HubMob … p;filter=0

42. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

Oh man, I have lost track of this thread....great work everyone - this is so awesome!

I just saw that my first entry about Mullets that I submitted into the HubMob Weekly last week is now on the first page of Google when searching for 'mullet haircuts'. Boo yah!!

http://hubpages.com/u/526113_f520.jpg

Show us more if you've got 'em! smile

43. profile image0

I just searched for another of my hubs and found out it is in position number 6 on Page 1 of Google.

Results 1 - 10 of about 30,400,000 for The Missing Part.

The Missing Part

http://hubpages.com/u/526456_f520.jpg?

I was only kidding Princessa. I read another thread about the model.  tongue

lol still getting fan mail lol

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I should send you some fanmail. I wonder what I should say in it? lol

44. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

To my surprise I have several on the first page of google over 30 that I had time to check, too many for a screen shot.

Here are some of them:

Finding a career in the World of Photography
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Finding-a-Caree … hotography

German Shepherd Grooming tips & tricks
    http://hubpages.com/hub/German-Shepherd … ps--Tricks
    How Dojo Martial Arts Schools lead to profits
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-start-yo … ts-Academy

Go green save our planet with environmental careers
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Talking-Trash-o … mbat-waste

Grant Funding Sources for Individuals
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Grant-Funding-S … ndividuals

Ryan this was a good test, I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks!

45. Christoph Reilly profile image69
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

My hub Redheads: Myths, Legends, and Famous Red Hair is doing very well. Entering any combination of those words, Red hair myths and legends, for example, returns it in the #1 position most of the time. Some combinations return it in the top 5, but usually it's #1.

Can't get the screen shot to work.

Likewise my new hub, Save Lives and Make Money with Home Grown Penicillin comes back at #1 (but it's an odd title) however, just Save lives with Penicillin comes back at #2 and Homegrown Penicillin is #3.

46. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

To my surprise the hub I wrote about How to Keep a Relationship Going Strong is Number 1 out of 3,150,000.

http://hubpages.com/u/530234_f520.jpg

47. profile image0

My hub Prepare a Place is listed in position 5 on the first page of Google.

http://hubpages.com/u/531491_f520.jpg

48. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

This is all so exciting and making everyone upbeat!  big_smile

49. DuqueDupre profile image62
    DuqueDupreposted 15 years ago

I am proud to say that my VERY FIRST hub that I wrote is #1 page one for that title plus its first page top 10 listing for about 10 other similar and not so similar searches. Some of those searches were top google searches at one time, so I pretty happy.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-become-an-MMA-fighter

some other searches that qued the hub were
    "i want to be a mma fighter"#7
    "how to become a mma fighter" #9
    " down sides to being a mma fighter"#1
    "bad parts of being a fighter"#1
    i think i want to be a mma fighter- #2

50. profile image0

I just checked another of my hubs and found this one to be on the first page of Google in position number 5. What the Cross Means to Me

Results 1 - 10 of about 101,000,000 for What the Cross Means to Me. (0.29 seconds)

http://hubpages.com/u/538737_f520.jpg

I also searched for Cross Means and found the same hub to be at number 6 on Googles first page Web  Results 1 - 10 of about 197,000,000 for cross means. (0.33 seconds)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)