jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Inappropriate google ads

1. Inspired Writing1 profile image72
    Inspired Writing1posted 8 years ago

Hi all - I'm new! I have a question about ads, my hub is a child-friendly education/parenting/travel hub. I was careful to choose words and tags that complemented this topic, yet still my ads are about 'chat site' or 'spammy looking ones - can i do anything about this? It's making my hub look unprofessional . Thx if anyone can help.

2. Rik Ravado profile image91
    Rik Ravadoposted 8 years ago

This is a regular complaint from hubbers.  AdSense displays default ads until they get around to checking your Hub and posting appropriate ads for your content/keywords.  Unfortunately the default ads are often 'unsuitable'.  You should find in 1-2 days they will be updated to something more suitable.

1. Inspired Writing1 profile image72
      Inspired Writing1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. that was helpful!

3. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago
  4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

A brief update, for unpublished hubs we're planning to replace the actual advertisements with green boxes that will show you all the locations where ads may be placed once your hub is published.  That won't  solve the problem of published hubs getting inappropriate ads, but it may help a bit (and should definitely cut down on the number of questions about this in the forums) ...

working