jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Please help a newbie!

1. juliaeverheart profile image88
    juliaeverheartposted 5 years ago

I am trying to link my Google adsense account (I do have one) to Hubpages. When I click on the link to "Get Started" I choose "Yes" because I do have a Google adsense account. And then NOTHING happens! I click yes and then nothing.

When I look at my account, it shows I'm not earning anything through hubpages because I don't have Google adsense linked.

Please tell me what to do! Thank you!  smile

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

To me that sounds like a website glitch.  Perhaps just leave it a few hours and try again?

3. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

I think Psych may be right.
    It's been a while so I can't really help, but search thru the Help in both Hubs and Forums and you will probably find the answer.

4. ForkArtJunkie profile image60
    ForkArtJunkieposted 5 years ago

This may seem repetitive, but..

So, you went to "My Account" then "Earnings" then you looked at your affiliate settings..Then, you clicked yes button (indicating you already have Adsense account)...did you enter in your google publisher id and hit the save button?

5. juliaeverheart profile image88
    juliaeverheartposted 5 years ago

I entered the last 5 digits of my phone and then my zip code. I hit "link accounts" and the screen changed back to the one asking whether I have a google adsense account. There was no confirmation that the link was processed.

If you look at my hubs, you can see google ads. But I'm worried because when I go to my earnings, next to google adsense it still says "get started."

6. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

On the same page where you link your Google Adsense account to the HuPages Ad Program, you can also "configure" your Google Adsense account. That one should have a status of Active. If not, do that one first.

In other words, setting up Adsense with Google is one thing; telling HubPages about it is another. And then the HubPages Ad Program is step 3. Many people have trouble with that second step. So let us know if that's your problem.

EDIT: Reading more carefully, that is your problem.