jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Did you submit your tax info

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image74
    schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago

to the Hubpages earning part (not google or amazon) : they say you are responsible for your own tax forms/info etc.
    sounds complicated
    ---Not that I'd make alot of $....

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When they "submit your tax info" it's pretty much only your SS number and address.  The information required when you sign up for the ad program isn't much, and it's nothing complicated at all.  As far as your taxes go, when tax-return time comes you'd report your earnings on your return, the same way you would if you had a part-time job somewhere (or something like that).  If you earn over a certain amount you'd need to report it on a separate, self-employment, form for the state and Federal returns.  I think the number is over six hundred dollars for a Federal return, and over four hundred for a MA return.  Earnings under that would be entered as "other income".

Even if you have to fill out a self-employment form, it's simple.   You can see what you earn over the course of the previous year by going to your PayPal account and finding that information.  If you have trouble finding it (next year, of course) I imagine there's someone who could easily help you.  Chances are, if you look for it in your PayPal account, you won't have trouble finding it.

2. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Since I have had no earnings paid to me for writing my Hubs I need report nothing. What Hub pages is saying though is that as a writer you are self-employed and if you earn any money from your writings, you are required to pay the necessary taxes as the income is just that, income earned.

2. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

You may want to check this out http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-edit-tax-information there is an internal link which gives you more information smile

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image74
      schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

done. Thankyou all so much!