jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Is it permitted to post translated articals from remote languages like

1. akrami profile image79
    akramiposted 5 years ago

Hi Dear Friends!

I would like to know whether is it permissible to create an Hub by translating interesting informative and interesting articles from the remotes languages like Urdu. Please! help me.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are so many questions that you need to answer before you get your answers.... are the articles yours? IF not, do you have the permission? Are they on the internet already? Will you get into problems of copyrights troubles if you use them..answering these questions may help you decide for yourself..
      Welcome to HP smile

1. akrami profile image79
        akramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

While replying you answering your clarifications on my question regarding posting of translated articles I would like to make it clear, that the question I am asking is regarding the articles written by others and have not already online and also wouldn't cause any copy write issue as  well.

1. jasoncox83 profile image79
          jasoncox83posted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you do not own, you would first have to get permission to even use them no matter where you would post them.

2. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

I would think that a translated article would be unique and yours - the issues of copyright and or where you got them must apply as mentioned above  - but this is your own business.

I intend to put up considerable translated Chinese materials from various sources, mostly with considerable age and not subject to copyright, but some new stuff where the copyright is not an issue.

The bottom line is that when YOU have translated it - yours is a new original.

3. kafsoa profile image78
    kafsoaposted 5 years ago

You can use the articles as references and should mention that in your hub, but shouldn't just translate it as it is, You can use the article and other articles too to get information for your own hub but always refer what you write.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

If the articles are not in copyright, ie, historical texts, then you can translate them and post here. Just be aware that you do need to keep on the right side of copyright law.

5. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

If the articles are not copyrighted or if you have the lawful right to publish them, you can translate and publish. You need to comply with the publishing standards, particularly the language standards, of Hubpages.

6. Howard S. profile image84
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

If it is translated, you should obtain permission if that is possible. Then you should credit your source and state whether it is translated in whole or just excerpts.

If it is used as a resource, it is not obligatory to list resources, especially those that are common knowledge in some language.

Not to brag, but sometimes credentials are important:
    I have been translating and publishing for 30 years and my organization has been doing so for 75 years. I most recently worked in the International Corporate Communications department, so it was critical that I be current with such procedures.