jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

what does page ecpn mean? £249 sounds impressive. I got 0.75

1. seanorjohn profile image81
    seanorjohnposted 6 years ago

Also don't know what ctr means. Can anyone expain. Thanks

1. Howard S. profile image85
      Howard S.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

My guess is that you asked this in the context of someone's hub. The context isn't here (a common problem), so where were you?

2. Richieb799 profile image61
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

If you got 249 ecpm it is the estimate of how much you would earn if you got 1000 impressions and it is based upon the amount that was paid for the clicks you have already received against how many impressions you had

CTR is the percentage of visitors who click on your ads

3. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

CTR is the Click-Through-Rate. Suppose you have 100 impressions and 6 clicks, your CTR is 6%.

4. seanorjohn profile image81
    seanorjohnposted 6 years ago

Thanks Richie and MD. I wonder how accurate the ecpn is. Now I must set about getting traffic.Not finding that easy. Thanks again.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
      PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago in reply to this

In addition to what MD and Richie have said.  The ecpm is only accurate if there is lots of info/views.  For instance I might wake up one morning and find that I have 5 views and a $1 click.  The ECPM will be massive, $200, because it is based upon the estimate that every 5th visitor to my site gives me a dollar click.  This isn't going to happen in real llife.  At the then end of that day, I might have 250 visitors and still only one click and my ECPM will be down to $4.  My point is that 5 views/impressions is never enough to get an accurate picture.  Really you want thousands of views/impressions to get a good ECPM.

The ECPM is just an indicatior, a guess of how lucrative your post is.  It has no actual bearing on the real world in a direct way as it's just a calculation.  Its use is for comparing different websites/posts over time and estimating projected incomes (once you have enough stats in to make it accurate).

1. seanorjohn profile image81
        seanorjohnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul, that is a great explanation. I was thinking along the same lines but wasn't sure until you spelled it out. Thanks again and wishing you every successs.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
          PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea about CTRs CPC ECPM when I started but you pick it up after a while!  :-)

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
            Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul, you explained it really well.   Although I have read what those letters are about, I can never remember what they really are for.

working