jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Substandard

1. Yehyapal profile image60
    Yehyapalposted 6 years ago

Hello,

I have read the FAQ and http://hubpages.com/hub/Substandard < this hub.
    My hub was rated substandard twice. 1st time - mod notice left behind was the text was too small. And i agree it was hard to read. I re-did it and published. An admin accepted it then i got another e-mail that it was again substandard. It may be because of this: "A hub that consists of a link, feed, picture, or video, with little or no explanation or commentary, is not very useful to the community or to visitors from the web at large. Adding a few paragraphs of original, quality content is an easy way to remedy the problem if you've been flagged for a hub in this category."

My explanation and instructions is in a picture. Is this a problem?

Thank you for reading,
    Looking forward to your help,
    -Yehya

P.S. here is the image i am talking about: http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5048105_f520.jpg
    I can't link to the hub as it is unpublished.

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Yehya,

The text of that Hub is embedded in an image, so the Hub effectively has very little actual text.

I would remove the image and just type out those instructions you currently have in the image. smile

Yehyapalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But that was accepted by an admin. So i guess nothing is wrong with the actual image?

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
          Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, the image itself is fine. The issue is there is too little text.

Actually, you could keep the image, as long as you add the text version in a Text Capsule, and it should be fine.

2. Donnacha C profile image82
    Donnacha Cposted 6 years ago

hi, I have checked the image out as well, and I agree with Jason Menayan....So far it looks like you have just published a picture as a hub with no text or explanation....did you create this image yourself? or is it from a website?

Thank you for your replies,

It's mine and there is text but i can't show because the hub was unpublished.
      There's copyright on the image itself, "Made By Yehya, Do Not Rip"
      i can even show proof of .psd

Re-writing it in text form sounds a good idea. If that is the problem i'll do it. Can any mod/admin confirm this?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jason Menayan who replied to you above is a HubPages staff member. The little green "H" in the lower left of his avatar confirms this fact.

Thank you for telling me about the "H". Sorry Jason. I'll write the instructions down in a text capsule whenever i have free time.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I think I would write sentences and not short terms. Also write more and perhaps a video if you can find one.

working