jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Facebook recommendation box and HUbpages email notifications

1. 0
    sync lifeposted 5 years ago

How do I remove this recommendation box from my Hubpage?

I do not belong to Facebook and would prefer not to represent Facebook. I would prefer not to have it on my Hubpage.

Also, How to I go into my original Hubpages settings and change email notificaitons etc?

1. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I found an add-on that removes this abomination when I view hubs. It works for me with Chrome and a review mentions it works with Firefox.

NB Disabling the social plug-in in my Facebook privacy settings did not stop it showing up in hubs.

Unfortunately, nothing can be done to remove this from showing up when other people access my hubs.

I hate the thought that my readers will think I am responsible for this invasion of their privacy sad

1. 0
        sync lifeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your comment WriteAngled. Much appreciated. I was hoping to stop it from being placed on my Hubpages in the first place hmm

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Sorry but the facebook recommendation is stuck on all your pages. It changes for each visitor based on their personalised facebook account - it will let them know if a friend has shared that page etc, so it can be good advertising.

You can change your email settings from your profile options (just click on the link at the top of your profile.)

1. 0
      sync lifeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OK , never thought of it that way. Just don't support Facebook as a medium and what it's really about, invading the users' privacy. Thanks for the answer though:)