I just want to write

1. 60
    rieomposted 5 years ago

Writing an article is the easy part, it is all that goes with it that is sucking the life out of me.  I really do not want to be bothered by SEO and back linking, etc.  I feel most people spend more time doing all this other self promotion when they could be writing.  Anyone else feel like this?

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 5 years ago in reply to this

hello. this is a really good question. One needs to personally decide for themselves. I am here to write and expand on my writing. I love the beauty of taking words and forming these words into works of art. If you write quality and add a few links here and there than you will be fortunate enough to occur some money. If you here to make money only, than I can see where it may be overwhelming with all that goes into promoting your work. I would suggest, you read others work and the helpful tips that are waiting for you insiide the hub pages. You are not in a race with anyone but yourself! happy writing!~

2. Jlbowden profile image79
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I do feel the same way you do many of the times, about just wanting to write and not worry about SEO and back linking. Which I rarely like to utilize in the first place. I love to write period and about a variety of topics, particularly ones that are medically related in nature. So you are not alone and I believe there are others within the hubpages community who feel the same way as well. Hope this bit of inspiration helps.