jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Google adsense ads

1. 0
    sync lifeposted 5 years ago

I have google adsense on my new hubs but they are only pulling up Australian ads. I realize why but would like it to bring up ads for the international audience rather than just Australia. Does anyone knpw how I would change the settings to manage this?

1. WriteAngled profile image92
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The ads you see are tailored to where you are. When I look at your hubs, I can see ads mainly for UK web sites.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

That all depends on where the visitor is located; what you see is not necessarily what your readers will see. You have no influence over this.

3. schemalaggning profile image60
    schemalaggningposted 5 years ago

Thats true
    I live in sweden and i see add on swedish on your page

4. 0

From your posts, it seems I have some google adsense research to do, to maybe understand what the viewer sees from their end.
    Thanks to you both:)

1. Howard S. profile image85
      Howard S.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The term you'll want to research, I believe, is geo-targeting. It is a desirable feature for many advertisers, but I can see that not all would appreciate it.

5. 0

Thanks Howard that's really useful. I had forgotten about that. Maybe not much I can do, google has it wrapped up but I will take a look.

6. Fluffy77 profile image59
    Fluffy77posted 5 years ago

I had an account with hubpages closed before for duplicate info. Now I have started anew with hubpages, and still when trying to start up my google adsense.  This older hubpages account is said to be related to my new one and there is no allowing of any adsense at all because of this.  I would like to know, how to start my google adsense for my new hubpages account.  Without there being a connection with the previous account at hubpages at all?

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Fluffy, email Staff- contact Jason, Simone or Maddie. I guess the problem stems from your other account not being deleted completely. The hubs in your old account might be unpublished, just not deleted. Why? Don't ask.

I am only going by what you said. Hence, trying to figure out an explanation for why the problem would exist.

I know people who have multiple accounts on HP and Google Adsense is allowed on those accounts as well. So, something isn't right.

2. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If your AdSense account was disabled for violation of their Terms of Service, filing an appeal to have your account restored is your only option. But appeals are rarely successful.

3. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I doubt it's about your Adsense account - there's more chance they've just tracked your IP address. They've probably put a ban on your IP from publishing more hubs. As mentioned you'll need to contact the team.