jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

The money that comes in is through what? Direct deposit? Check? Cash?

1. 60
    shorty118posted 5 years ago

Ans is it all legit and of course all TAXED?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The only income that comes directly from HubPages is if you're signed up for the HubPages Ad Program (which is paid via Paypal). 

Payment from Adsense and Amazon comes direct from those companies.

Note that you need to apply for all these programs separately.

1. 60
        shorty118posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do you think this is work all your spare time if have any and are all ready working part time. Cause it just seems like a lot of work to do a great post with pics and videos and get good looks on it would it be worth the money and much u think you would get after taxes or before?

1. kschang profile image91
          kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you just started, you won't earn enough for a cup of coffee in a month.

It took me two years (without too seriously trying) to get to about $100 a month. I have a day job and I do this for fun.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
            Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I earned ZERO on my first month.. not even a cup of coffee for me. sad

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Read the TOS for Google Adsense and HubPages.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

"Are they legit?"  Google is a front for the Antarctica mafia, specializing in murder for hire (recent victims include ehow, HubPages and Squidoo).  HubPages seems to be organized around male enhancement and forex scams, while Amazon is an obvious face for the Arctic mafia and will sell anything.

Of course they're legit - all three are far too public to be anything but.

All three will report your earnings to the IRS, however, so be prepared to pay taxes.  None will send you cash for payment.  Amazon and google will pay via direct deposit or check and HP pays through Paypal.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I LoL'd!

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

They are all legit. But like all online earning schemes it takes time to earn a good amount. The older a hub gets, the more traffic it will get from search engines and usually the more it will earn.

It takes the average hubber 6-9 months to reach first payout and then the time usually continues to halve from there.

There are people here who earn hundreds or thousands each month but they put the work in.

5. Rik Ravado profile image94
    Rik Ravadoposted 5 years ago

Also, to be successful in writing on HubPages you do need to be a good writer and have a mastery of the English language.

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not necessarily. There were and still are, many a successful hubber, in terms of money they earned, without writing a single hub themselves. They earn 50-100$ a day from their hubs, as far as I know.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought Misha left. big_smile

6. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Anything that pays as modestly as this has GOT to be "legit".  smile

wilderness, your wittiness made my morning (on this "80th" day in a row of dreary, dark, rainy, weather.)   lol