jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Fellow Hubbers, what is your hubkarma?

1. hotwebideas profile image80
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

I have been on Hubpages for only a week, so nice to meet you all. My hubkarma is going up nicely and probably at a faster rate than my hubberscore. LOL

I see a lot of forum threads about hub scores, but too many on hub karma, maybe because it is still a new concept.

I assume your hubber scores are rising faster as well, but in case they are not, here is what seems to be working for me:

I had that same question and found that you can link to other hubs by using the Share link on the bottom of each hub.

I responded to someone in Need Help Ask Here Forum, but I thought I would offer it here:

Follow these steps:

1. Visit the hub you want to link to. Make sure it is relevant to the content of your hub.

2. Look before the comments section and click on "Share".

3. "Click on Link To This Hub".

4. A wizard will popup with the HTML you need for the linking/sharing.

5. Edit your hub and click on the HTML icon in the editor.

6. Paste the link where you want it.

The person who asked the question was looking for the Links Suggestion Tool and as I understand, it is no longer suggesting links, so it is up to us for the moment to do it manually with these above steps.

For those of you who want a quicker way: Copy the URL from your web browser of the hub you want to copy and then paste it into your own hub.

I hope this helps. I hope to read many great hubs from all of you and I hope you read my hubs as well.

Bruce

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My Hub Karma is at (89) at present, but I have no idea what it means to anything.

2. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

welcome smile

3. shogan profile image87
    shoganposted 5 years ago

Bruce, I've seen a few posts by you already that seem to focus on scores.  You've only been here a week, so really, don't worry about your scores for anything.  If you approach HP in a thoughtful and responsible way, your scores will go where you want them to by themselves.  There's no need to try and hurry them.

4. hotwebideas profile image80
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

Thanks, Shogan, but I have not posted anything on scores that I started, but if you mean that I was replying to others, yes, you are right. This one is on hubkarma specifically.

1. shogan profile image87
      shoganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My point was simply that your scores will adjust over time to whatever kind of writer you are on HP.  Don't worry about hubkarma.  It'll sort itself out, and doesn't affect much, anyway.

5. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

If you're here for community and accolades, chase your hubscore, authorscore and hubkarma.

If you're here for money just write and ignore those scores - they have nothing to do with getting earnings or external traffic.

I never link to anyone's hubs but my own (with very rare exceptions). And I have a hubkarma score of 60 something. I've never tried to get it higher - it's just a number. The numbers I care about are in my Adsense account. smile

Wry, strangely, I have a hubkarma score of 95 and at this point, I have few links (at least that I can remember).  The number seemed to go up as I deleted links.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LoL that's amusing... Maybe I should delete some! big_smile

2. DIYweddingplanner profile image89
        DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me, too, Shogan.  Mine hovers all the time between 93 and 95.  I really don't link that much to anyone and the few that I linked to were hubbers that have left and pulled their articles down, so I had to delete the links.  Seems to be not alot of rhyme or reason to it.  I'd rather see the figures in my HP and Adsense, too, Wrylit!

I wonder if it has something to do with our more recent sign-ups.  I don't know...it doesn't make sense.  I started purposely ignoring it, and it really started to climb.

working