Sometimes, when you want to do mass search and replace, things get extremely frustrating. So here's a solution:
1) Go to HTML mode in the capsule edit
2) Hit "Tidy HTML" to tidy things up (optional, but makes things much easier for step 4 and 5)
3) Select all and copy
4) Paste into a separate text editor, like Notepad, Editpad, and so on.
5) Do mass search and replace in that. You can even do HTML tag replacements and eliminations. Some editors even do regex expressions.
6) When you're satisfied, copy the content back into the HTML editor in the browser.
7) Hit "update editor" to "save" your new HTML code back to the WYSIWYG editor.
8) Save the capsule, and enjoy the result.
by Paul Deeds8 years ago
We've just begun a beta test period for our new text capsule editor. In order to participate, select Text Editor Version 3 on your profile settings (you can always go back to version 2 if you have problems with...
by Paul Deeds8 years ago
Today we switched everyone to the new version of the text editor (Version 3). We think that all the major bugs have been resolved, and the new version offers a better overall experience. However, if you...
by excellasys7 years ago
I know we are all connected via some means nearly all the time, but I personally would write more HubPages if I were to have access to a 100% HubPages sanctioned offline editor. I'd like to be able to write...
by Michael Willis6 years ago
I just started a hub for the first time using the New Text Editor. I inserted the text, saved unpublished and then exited the page. I went back to the page and I was shocked at all the words that had run together. This...
by Dan Ferrell19 months ago
The text editor tool bar of the HubPage creator is not showing anymore (the one with the bold, italic, spell, link... icons).Is this part of the new updates or is it a system glitch?Are we still going to be able to link...
by hypnodoctor2 years ago
One of my Hubs was un-featured after four years of being featured. Reason: poor content?!OK, but when I tried to edit it, it says: Sorry, you can not edit your hub while an editor is working on it.This happened a few...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.