jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What made you want to first join Hubpages?

1. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image80
    Miss Lil' Atlantaposted 5 years ago

What made you want to first join Hubpages?

1. Miss Paula profile image60
      Miss Paulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thought this would be a good place to make some extra money!!

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

3. 0
    cookingdivaposted 5 years ago

I wanted to improve my backlinks to my blog :-) then I started enjoying the forum and community here, extra money earning is good but so far I have made about enough for eating out once but most people are nice and friendly here.

How about you?

You say money but I think you're good writer who enjoys writing and its community too, so it is much more than that. I have learned quite from you.

1. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image80
      Miss Lil' Atlantaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would say that originally I joined Hubpages to share everything I've learned about animals over the years, and hopefully people would enjoy the blogs. And I've joined to make money as well.

The money thing... isn't nearly what I hoped it would be, but as I've been making improvements, kept on writing, done lots and lots of research, I've noticed that my traffic has been rising in time.

4. DIYweddingplanner profile image90
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

I like to write and thought I could make money while doing it...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry...had a sudden fit of hysterical laughter.  Really, it's nothing.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol  That's what I thought too.  And it was even working and growing, until Panda.

Now and then I get a comment that I really helped someone and that's very satisfying, but bottom line is that I write for the money.  And that's gone.

5. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I figured HubPages would be an outlet for voicing my thoughts on particular topics, while I generate and use the funds, to power my home based company. wink

6. PaulGoodman67 profile image92
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

I read the Hubpages Success stories.  Relache's comment there that her hubs continued to get more and more traffic even when she did nothing made a particular impression.  A few weeks after I joined, everybody's viewing figures fell off a cliff!