jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Hub score

1. Pamela99 profile image85
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

I have a hub score of 54 on a hub I wrote a couple of days ago and over 200 people have looked at it plus it has numerous comments.  It is http://hubpages.com/hub/Shipwrecks-of-t … nt-5639704

I have never had a hub score this low before and I don't understand why it is staying low.

I appreciate any input.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Pamela, something seems to have changed for new hubs - many are staying at 50 for longer or dropping well below 50. I have no idea why, because I never understood how hubscore worked anyway, but you are not alone.

Either a setting has been changed at HP's end, or this is a side-effect of their clean-up operation which we expect has resulted in the deletion of 1000s of hubs.

But I wouldn't worry about it smile

1. David 470 profile image84
        David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I published a hub and it started out at 45! In the past, I had hubs maybe start as low as 48, but not anything lower.,

2. Jean Bakula profile image98
        Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have the same problem. I spent alot of time and research on a hub I wrote 2 days ago, and never had below a 50. This one was 47, and it's on the first page of Google. What's with that? Plus I am happy to have reached 10,100 readers, but have no accolade. Or money. sigh. It's a nice community and I like to write.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Pamela, I think there has been additional factors that have been added to Hubscore.

Recently there was a glitch on the HubPages, which effected the statistics page and hubscore. However, ever since that happened and it's been fixed, it appears that newly published hubs require something more, in order for them to go up. That is just speculation on my part, from what I managed to observe, either from people posting in the forums and/or reading other people's newly published hubs.

I read a hub that had a Hubscore 47 and I thought the hub had some great comments, bunches of mark ups and I wondered why it was at 47. hmm

3. DIYweddingplanner profile image91
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

Just curious why you chose to write about Shipwecks of the Great Lakes instead of shipwrecks in general.  The keyword tool only says 3600 searches per month for that topic.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My internet access is far too slow at the moment to go look up, but if 'Shipwrecks of the Great Lakes' has 3,600 searches, and includes the word 'shipwrecks' which I take has a good deal more, then Pamela has the potential readership of 3,600 PLUS the 'good deal' more for shipwrecks.

4. Pamela99 profile image85

Thanks to everyone for their input.

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

It's now 55.   smile   Must be going up - but taking a little longer.  Maybe a lot of readers are busy spinning-their-wheels over their own HP "issues" (or one sort or another) these days.  hmm

6. Pamela99 profile image85

It is up slightly but still in the 50's. It comes up on the first page of a google search, so I still think this is strange since I haven't experienced this before when so many people have viewed the hub. I guess it will just be slow.  Thanks for your help.