jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How does Shine differ from Hubpages.

1. Monisajda profile image84
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

Sorry for a perhaps naive question but I wonder what are main differences between articles on Shine and Hubpages.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Well for one thing I found it almost impossible to find Shine Articles in the search engines - it has a PR1 which is lower than my average worst personal site. Hubpages has a PR6 which means your work will have a much higher visibility in the search engines.

Edit: And the site doesn't have a working help section OR terms of use. And I can't see anything about getting paid...

On Hubpages you can earn money.

1. khmohsin profile image61
      khmohsinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, If we are writing we should post it in high quality well ranked authority websites, in this way we can receive strong backlinks which BIG G. always love

3. Monisajda profile image84
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

Thanks WryLit,
    I noticed that there were some ads on Shine but had no idea whether they pay the author or not. Thanks for clarifying this.

4. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 5 years ago

To my understanding, Shine is an internal Yahoo escape blog, so getting visibility outside their engine would be challenging. In addition, if not mistaken, the topics are designed to pull mainstream (big media) interest for news, fashion and more. So the likes of Cosmo and McD's relevant posts is what would fit into their search criteria. I actually had a user come to Foodicle from Shine, but apparently they were not happy that AdSense denied them.

HP is an all around, and well rounded, topical platform.
    And as WryLit pointed out, you can earn real money publishing on HP.