jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Orphan hubs

1. crochet48 profile image75
    crochet48posted 6 years ago

In "Manage Groups," I have several (all?) of my hubs listed. I categorized them before writing them, so I don't understand why they're categorized as "orphan."

My question is, how do I get my poor hubs out of orphan status?

Thanks!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image87
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Go to the page where you see your groups or orphans. You can move (drag and drop,) your orphans into an established group or create a new group for it. There's a button for creating a new group.

crochet48posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!

2. kschang profile image89
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just assign the "orphan hubs" to a group.

A group is like your private grouping of articles. if you have a series of articles on a particular topic, you can group them together instead of mixing it with your other articles of the same category, for example.

For example, let's say you write a lot about pets.

You have articles on calico cats, persian cats, and blue cats

If you write a new one about hairless cats, you may want to group them with your other cat articles. if you write SEVERAL articles on hairless cats, you can create a new group on just the hairless cats.

2. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 6 years ago

Furthermore, categories and groups operate independently of each other for organizing your hubs. A hub about Ferraris, e.g., could be categorized in automobiles and grouped with Italian things, or vice versa.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image87
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they are two different things. (But groups are the only ones that have 'orphans' smile )

crochet48posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Rochelle, just got my "orphans" grouped. Very easy to understand your directions -- thanks!

3. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

By the term 'orphan' it means you have not grouped them. And that does not affect the status of your hub otherwise, nor is the description visible to others.

working