jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Is the phrase "web hosting" now forbiden in HubPages?

1. Andrew0208 profile image60
    Andrew0208posted 5 years ago

I got one of my hubs on a "reseller web hosting" review unpublished few days ago...Following the automated stipulated guidlines, I removed all supposed affiliate links including mere topic related helpful link I referred my audience to. In fact, I also recently denied all comments on it with any link on the comment box. I republished it which was accepted.

This morning, I still see this ugly headed warnings that this content appears to be about web hosting that led it unpublished before. This hub is over 2yrs now and has been useful to many across the globe with lots of comments, making me and HubPages money also. Pls tell me: Is the phrase "web hosting" forbiden in HubPages?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's a meaningless warning that EVERYONE gets in a saturated topic. It's basically just there to remind you that hubs in those topics will be held to a higher standard.

Edit: This is an update in the learning centre: http://hubpages.com/faq/#content-warning

Andrew0208posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I'll have to contact HubPages team about it. A mere ignoring of the warnings after all said and done could still lead it to be unpublished again by this fiery robot.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have a look around the forums you'll see many people have been getting these warnings. It'll be there for the life of the hub (or until they change the rules again.)

If you contact the team you might be looking at up to a week's wait with recent reports. :-)

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/74520

Andrew0208posted 5 years ago in reply to this

HubPages Team have always responded to my mails swiftly within 48hrs. I would appreciate their direct guidance on this if possible. The above link given seem to be more personal and not official to address my quest. Thank you. cool

working