jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Duplicate

1. maewallace22 profile image61
    maewallace22posted 6 years ago

I wrote a short story and got a notice that it had some duplicate wording or paragraphing on the hubpages or another web sight. This story is originally mind. I don't know what to correct if its the title the picture or even what part of the story. I have to corect before republishing. But I don't know what it is or what part needs correcting. How do I find out?

1. Jlbowden profile image81
      Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hello Mae:

What you could do is send an email to the hubpages team, making note of that particular hub, that was found to have duplicate content within. They are pretty good at responding back within two to three days. And they will give you further direction, on how to resolve this matter. Just make sure you include the Hub in question. Hope this helps you out.

Jl

2. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it is a short story that you have published anywhere else on the internet it will come up as a duplicate. I had this happen to one of my short stories and I basically re-wrote the entire story.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Have you published the story anywhere else? 

You can also search google for a string copied from your hub; it should show up somewhere else if it has been copied.  If you do find it, request that it be taken down and/or file a DCMA complaint.

3. ankandhk profile image80
    ankandhkposted 6 years ago

You cab check your article here before publishing that detects plagiarism.

"http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/"

"http://www.articlechecker.com/"

1. maewallace22 profile image61
      maewallace22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

This was most helpful. I saw almost the whole beginning of my short story word for word. The only thing I can think of is that I must have it somewhere else because I can't imagine someone with the same word for word. I did copy and paste it in an e-mail to my niece to help me with punctuation.
      thats all I can think of.

1. ankandhk profile image80
        ankandhkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did  you get my advice helpful? If yes, please be a friend of mine in hubpages. Wish we will make hubbing seriously enjoyable!

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your valuable advice comes at a price?

You get it the wrong senses. I ask a fair support as solving our problems, gets more information or writing to making hubs. You should go to a psychiatrist....

1. profile image0
              Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Reported for personal attack.

Finally you comes to your real nature!

4. Cheeky Girl profile image86
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

Go to copyscape dot com and submit the name of the hub in its full url address. It works for me and its free, it will tell you if your content appears anywhere else on the web.

It is free to use, and I recommend it. You might find out faster doing it this way...

Cheers!

working