jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Google Chrome loading Hubpages very, slow... Not a problem on IE???

1. Scribenet profile image84
    Scribenetposted 5 years ago

For several days I have noticed my Google Chrome Browser loads HubPages so slow that I change browsers and go to Internet Explorer instead. Just curious if this is creating problems for others as well?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have the same problem.  IE - instant, Chrome - slow and often times out.  Unfortunately I can't change picture size in IE, the drop down doesn't work, which is why I have to use Chrome for new hubs.
      I'm guessing that Chrome is reading my entire disk and sending it to Google for future spamming before letting me into the page I want to access.

Scribenetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL...or maybe not...it does seem odd. Maybe I will download another browser as backup!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Firefox seems to be quicker AND have the ability to resize pictures.  My choice for now I think.

Thanks, I'll add Firefox to my browsers!

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I'm using chrome and having no issues. Sorry. sad

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I have noticed a slower download as well, but it's not all the time. I think it might be based on the servicing connection(your ISP) and HP's servers.

Sometimes Hubs load slowly, and sometimes "my account" loads just as slow. It will take like 30 seconds before HP responds. It's not usual or typical, but is what I am seeing.

4. sabrebIade profile image84
    sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago

I do better with Chrome than Firefox.
    Firefox has this habit of suddenly using 50% of my CPU for no reason.
    Chrome doesnt.

1. BaliMermaid profile image60
      BaliMermaidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have had the same problem with Firefox.

I wonder, is HubPages working on mobile content HubPages - that may be the wave of the future. We could at least have teaser pages that lead phone users back to us when they get back to their lap top or desktop computer.

Other content loads fine on my Chrome browser...just Hubpages...it takes longer than three minutes and counting, just a white page! I think, it just doesn't load at all!  Just interesting. Thankfully there are other browsers!

Just curious it only happens with Hubpages!

working